Miscellaneous Ramblings

Got more bad news. USPS (United States Postal Service) has lost the X1950 video card I sent back for refund.
I've put out a tracer through Canada Post as it was a traceable package, supposedly.
I didn't insure it for the full value either as I didn't want to incur any customs charges at the other end...so I think I may be $200+ in the hole, darn it.

After filing a claim with Canada Post and with PayPal, the graphics card miraculously turned up and was delivered yesterday to the seller 22 days after I mailed it.
What I think really happened is he rushed to the Post Office when PayPal told him I had laid a claim for the full cost. If he had rushed there 2 weeks ago it might have been solved a lot earlier.
Turns out that it was never lost - USPS were waiting for him to pick it up.
I think he knew that I would have no claim once 45 days had elapsed since the actual sale. We are now at 33 days, so what I did I think I was justified in doing.
Now he HAS to refund me because I laid a claim with PayPal. He can only deal directly with them now.
Am I glad that I paid through PayPal and not directly.

Last edited:
Wow...

I've been lucky, never had a bad/dirty/cheap seller on eBay - then again, I can't have bought more than 30 or 40 things from there...

I don't think the seller is crooked or anything, just too damn lazy to get off his butt and do something. I must have emailed about 25 times and only got 2 replies. With PayPal on his case I guess it made him put the beer glass down and get moving.

I don't think the seller is crooked or anything, just too damn lazy to get off his butt and do something. I must have emailed about 25 times and only got 2 replies. With PayPal on his case I guess it made him put the beer glass down and get moving.

LOL... wow.. some people.. :tongueout:

Guess what guys...I got this email today....yippee!!

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,

We have concluded our investigation into your case and have decided in your
favor.

We were able to recover $234.90 USD and this amount has been credited to
you. Please allow five business days for this adjustment to be posted.

etc. etc.

Sincerely,
PayPal Protection Services Department

Big sorry for delay, I was writing the post and power went off >.< It's back hours later and in same sec I posted.

Back