Please remove any media device and restart your system !

Logarithm

My laptop used to have windows 7 installed on it before i tried to install linux Ubuntu through my laptop to USB (meaning that I asked Ubuntu installer to write the files to my USB and not the hard drive). When I tried to reboot my system, I knew the GRUB files has been destroyed because I can not get into any of my OS. Therefore, I bought your windows 7 recovery CD, I burned it to a USB (because my laptop has no CD driver) and when I fixed the bios to boot from USB, I restart the system and i get the message "Remove any media and restart your system..." When I do so, I get the same message that tells me GRUB is corrupted

Please help because this problem is really annoying me

You cant use our media to do anything with Ubuntu. It is a Windows Recovery Media. Next it is only to fix boot problems, you cant reinstall with it.

Insert the Ubuntu Disk and search how to fix GRUB using that.

Thank you Mak. I'm not trying to reinstall with it. I just want my windows system back to work. I think I need to get the windows CD and just try that

Well since you already installed Ubuntu, there is nothing you can do with our recovery media. You will need to reinstall Windows at this point.

Back