Problems with EasyRE

Status
Not open for further replies.

taraks

I purchased the EasyRE Recovery Disks because my Windows 7 Installation is not booting. When I try to go to the native Windows 7 Repair Utility, it does not load. I purchased a Dell, so I do not have a Windows 7 installation disk.

When I load EasyRE and try the automated fix feature, it recognizes two partitions (a 15 GB boot partition and a 451 GB data partition). When I try to select automated repair on either of these partitions, I get a message saying the partition does not contain a valid Windows installation. When I try the system restore button on either partition, it says the selected partition cannot be restored with this repair CD, I need the WinRE for Unknown Windows instead.

Based on reading these forums, I think I have to repair the Windows Bootloader. I read this article, and tried step 2. http://neosmart.net/wiki/display/EBCD/Recovering+the+Windows+Bootloader+from+the+DVD

Unfortunately, I'm having trouble working with the command prompt. When I click on "Launch Command Line", the default prompt says "root@winre:/var/triplehelix#". I then tried typing the "bootrec.exe /fixmbr" command as mentioned in the article. I get the following error: "/bin/sh: bootrec.exe: not found". I'm assuming I have to change directory to find bootrec.exe, but have no idea how to do so. Can someone provide more detailed instructions?

Thanks,
Tarak

Unfortunately, the bootloader repair tutorial will only work for the authentic Windows disc. The EasyRE discs natively run on Linux, so Windows executables don't actually run on it. There's no directory you can go to to run a Windows .exe from a Linux command line.

If you try the browse/backup files feature, can you see your Windows folder on the Windows 7 partition?

The EasyRE CD automates the entire repair process, those manually steps are no longer needed (assuming you're able to enter and use the wizard, obviously).

Having the same problem

If you try the browse/backup files feature, can you see your Windows folder on the Windows 7 partition?

The EasyRE CD automates the entire repair process, those manually steps are no longer needed (assuming you're able to enter and use the wizard, obviously).

I am having the same exact problem but get the error on all three partitions, yes I can see the windows folder.

Not sure if related, but I bought the disk because my HP laptop won't start. When starting in safe mode, hangs up at classpnp.sys, Nothing has changed in months and no additional devices. HP Repair options never start.

My intention was to somehow get the laptop up and running enough so that I can create a set of recovery disks to reinstall everything back to factory defaults. I don't have any disks.

Please upload the triplehelix.log that's visible when you select "Browse/Backup Files" as an attachment.

Please upload the triplehelix.log that's visible when you select "Browse/Backup Files" as an attachment.

Attached is the log file you requested

Attachments

• triplehelix.txt
    773 bytes · Views: 29
Bonjour,
J'ai exactement le même problème que TARAKS. A quoi sert EasyRE si l'on ne peut pas utiliser la fonction AUTOREPAIR ? Que peut-on faire pour réparer le HDD ? Liens ? Tutorial ?
Merci

It might be more useful to post the alternate directions and when to use them in the thread so others can learn from them. That way less direct user support is required.

I'm having the exact problem the OP had. What's the alternate solution please?

Thanks,

Mike

Sorry to post here--I'd like to start a new thread, but it is not obvious to me how to do that and the webmaster seems unresponsive to efforts to contact him.
I purchased EasyRE to use on an HP Windows 7 (64) system. When I start the disk, it goes to a black screen with this message: "No default or UI configuration directive found. boot: (flashing cursor)."
I have no clue what this means or how to find out. Any help available?
Thanks

Mike C.

Bonjour,
J'ai exactement le même problème que TARAKS. A quoi sert EasyRE si l'on ne peut pas utiliser la fonction AUTOREPAIR ? Que peut-on faire pour réparer le HDD ? Liens ? Tutorial ?
Merci

We are an English speaking forum only. Please post in a language we can understand and assist you further.

It might be more useful to post the alternate directions and when to use them in the thread so others can learn from them. That way less direct user support is required.

That would mean allowing people access to the server or links that we do not want made public. We want to be involved so we can try to fix the issues, not just let people try to fumble through.

I'm having the exact problem the OP had. What's the alternate solution please?

Thanks,

Mike

Read Below

Sorry to post here--I'd like to start a new thread, but it is not obvious to me how to do that and the webmaster seems unresponsive to efforts to contact him.
I purchased EasyRE to use on an HP Windows 7 (64) system. When I start the disk, it goes to a black screen with this message: "No default or UI configuration directive found. boot: (flashing cursor)."
I have no clue what this means or how to find out. Any help available?
Thanks

Mike C.

Everyone having issues:

Send an email to support@systemdiscs.com to get a different version that might work.

I am having this exact same problem. Even the reason is the same. Should I start a new thread? It seemed kind of redundant.
I've sent you an email w/ alternate instructions and links. Thanks.
It would have been great if you'd posted those instructions here. Then I might not have had to bother you. :smile:

Literally exactly the same even the GBs:
purchased the EasyRE Recovery Disks because my Windows 7 Installation is not booting. When I try to go to the native Windows 7 Repair Utility, it does not load. I purchased a Dell, so I do not have a Windows 7 installation disk.

When I load EasyRE and try the automated fix feature, it recognizes two partitions (a 15 GB boot partition and a 451 GB data partition). When I try to select automated repair on either of these partitions, I get a message saying the partition does not contain a valid Windows installation. When I try the system restore button on either partition, it says the selected partition cannot be restored with this repair CD, I need the WinRE for Unknown Windows instead.

My laptop can't load because of the classpnp.sys problem. I don't know if that matters.

Can anyone help?

Dear Sir,

I am experiencing the same problem as the previous writers in this thread. This is on an HP Pavilion that originally had Vista, then I installed 7, then uninstalled 7 and went back to Vista about two years ago. Everything (except the webcam) had been working fine all this time until I tried to fix the webcam again by doing the factory restore from the discs I made several years ago, but the process failed during the second disc. After trying again a couple of time the PC just went to the black screen with the blinking cursor in upper left corner. I purchased your Vista Recovery software and it did load on the machine okay, but the Automated Repair returns the "invalid Windows installation" error. The command "bootrec.exe /fixmbr" returns "command not found"

Should I upload the triplehelox.log to you?

Thanks, Kurt

Addendum

Hello Again,

Please see my post from 10 a.m. today re: command "bootrec.exe /fixmbr" returns "command not found". If you do want me to upload the triplehelix.log file please explain how I can save it to some media that can be removed from the dead PC or how I can send it to you from your recovery program. When I launch Internet Browser" from your program I get an error: "http://start.systemdiscs.com/ couldn't be located."

Please help, Thanks.

Kurt

Bootrec.exe cannot be run manually on the new CDs. It is run automatically several times as part of the automated repair process.

By the time you had replied to my two messages I had already gone through the Vista automated repair process several more times and was finally successful in reviving the machine, but not because of the use of your product. Evidently, I did not need your product at all. I appreciate that you did get back to me but would appreciate a refund even more. Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Kurt Giberson

By the time you had replied to my two messages I had already gone through the Vista automated repair process several more times and was finally successful in reviving the machine, but not because of the use of your product. Evidently, I did not need your product at all. I appreciate that you did get back to me but would appreciate a refund even more. Thanks for your consideration.

Sincerely,

Kurt Giberson

First you didn't read the site at all. Cause if you did you would have seen that all support related questions should be sent to support@systemdiscs.com just like this page says.

High Speed System Recovery Disc Downloads

So just because you come here expecting support when the site you bought the disk from clearly states how to get proper support, not our fault. Also you claim that the issue was resolved without our software, how are we to know this is true? Just cause you claim it is on the internet? That doesn't make something true when you type it out on a website. If that is the case, don't read the Wikipedia Pages about me. Cause they say I am the King of the Universe.

Just saying that you didn't read the site for proper information and now expect to be refunded cause you didn't read the provided information. You cant blame anyone but yourself for that one. I found the link and that information in less than 1 minute from the time I opened a new tab and typed in the website address.

First you didn't read the site at all. Cause if you did you would have seen that all support related questions should be sent to support@systemdiscs.com just like this page says.

High Speed System Recovery Disc Downloads

So just because you come here expecting support when the site you bought the disk from clearly states how to get proper support, not our fault. Also you claim that the issue was resolved without our software, how are we to know this is true? Just cause you claim it is on the internet? That doesn't make something true when you type it out on a website. If that is the case, don't read the Wikipedia Pages about me. Cause they say I am the King of the Universe.

Just saying that you didn't read the site for proper information and now expect to be refunded cause you didn't read the provided information. You cant blame anyone but yourself for that one. I found the link and that information in less than 1 minute from the time I opened a new tab and typed in the website address.
why are you so rude for a customer support agent, you most be the owner of the company because you are quite a piece of work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back