Recovery essentials for Windows 10 doesn't boot

bobalston

I burned it to USB drive using your software. I checked the boot sequence and it is set to first boot from USB drive. There are files on the USB drive. but win 10 won't boot from the USB, it just ignores it.

Bob

OK then. Maybe my post will help others to see that the software does not work and they won't be able to contact anyone about getting a version that works.

Bob

And that is why we live in a world where we can't have free things.

On newer computers and laptops (especially those running Windows 8), there are two settings that are sometimes enforced by the manufacturer that can prevent you from booting from a recovery CD/USB.

These only affect UEFI/EFI computers; and you'll need to both make sure that Secure Boot is disabled and that Legacy Boot is enabled. We have guides on doing both, please refer to our knowledgebase articles on disabling Secure Boot and enabling Legacy Boot to set up your system to boot from recovery media.

Last edited:
Mqudsi - Regarding UEFI booting, my PC is set with that and my windows 8 recovery USB boots just fine. Wonder why NeoSmart software can't do the same thing?

bob

It depends on the operating system of the USB. EasyRE's OS doesn't yet have UEFI support in the 32-bit kernel, so we just don't use it.

Back