Remove Vista and install RedHat

deanne

Hello,
I would like to remove Vista from my Dell PC and install RedHat. I obtained RedHat through a website offered by my university--it is burned on a DVD.
Any help on how to proceed would be appreciated.
Thank you.

Hi deanne, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

It's quite simple actually: Just stick the RHEL DVD in the drive and boot from it.
When prompted to choose a partition to install to, make sure you manually select the partition. Delete the old Vista partition, create a new one the size of the whole drive, and press install.

Hope that helps :smile:

Dear Computer Guru,
Thank you so much for your help. I am having a problem. I selected "Remove all partitions and install linux". A warning box popped up, asking if I was sure that I wanted to remove all partitions. I clicked "Yes" and now my computer appears stuck. The "Yes" button is depressed, but there is no progress bar or any indication that anything is happening. I have waited about 40 minutes now. Do you think it is working or is it stuck? Should I restart my computer? Any advice would be appreciated (again!).
Thanks,
Deanne

Please disregard my previous post. I decided to restart the computer (and the installation) and it appears to be installing properly now.
Thanks,
Deanne

No problem :smile:

Glad everything is working fine now. Should you need anything else, please do not hesitate to post back! :wink:

Back