Remove Windows 7 From Multiboot System

manheim

I currently multi boot Win 10, Win 7, Win XP and Ubuntu. I am ready to eliminate Win 7.
Win 10 resides on C:\ Win 7 on E:\ Win XP on D:\ Ubuntu on F:\
Drives C: and E: are partitions of one physical drive. Drives D: and F: are each a physical drive.
EasyBCD running in Win 10 shows that 7, XP and Ubuntu all boot from Drive E:
How can I eliminate Win 7 and Drive E: without loosing the ability to boot into the remaining operating systems?

First you need to get EasyBCD to show the right drive letters, under Advanced Settings, edit your entries so each one shows the correct drive letter for that system. Make sure you save the settings.
The, assuming you're getting rid of 7 altogether, simply go into Windows 10 Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management and format the 7 drive. Or, if you use a partition management software, do it in there. Once all done, and possibly after a reboot to make sure, you can then simply delete the entry for 7 from EasyBCD.

First you need to get EasyBCD to show the right drive letters, under Advanced Settings, edit your entries so each one shows the correct drive letter for that system. Make sure you save the settings.
The, assuming you're getting rid of 7 altogether, simply go into Windows 10 Administrative Tools > Computer Management > Disk Management and format the 7 drive. Or, if you use a partition management software, do it in there. Once all done, and possibly after a reboot to make sure, you can then simply delete the entry for 7 from EasyBCD.
Thanks, I'll try that. I'm also older and not much wiser.

Back