removed extra w7 boot from 2nd drive wrong driveletter is assiged + prolly wont boot

Zegmaar

Hi all :smile:,

I was so close to doing it right the first time for once :smile:
I've had a couple of simple tasks go horribly wrong using easyBCD...
*** not by any means easyBCD's fault *** I just keep messin things up :tongueout:

Anyhoo, I had 2 x w7 installed on 2 dif drives, I decided I only needed one so I ran easyBCD,
from what I remember I really payed attention to what driveletter I was deleting etc

Result = d:\ System, Active, Primary Partition -> which has to be C:\
and a d:\ boot, Page File, Active, Crash Dump, Primary partition

Not sure if the system will stil boot now :frowning:
so D and C have to be swapped and windows has to load from the currently D: disk

Hope its clear enough, I found some info on a similar problem but it would be a good
idea to be a little patient since id prolly screw it up again:smile:

Thanks in advance,

Fluts

Addendum:

Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier {9dea862c-5cdd-4e70-acc1-f32b344d4795}
device partition=D:
description Windows Boot Manager
locale en-US
inherit {7ea2e1ac-2e61-4728-aaa3-896d9d0a9f0e}
default {399fea3a-e689-11df-a884-9f6589cc942a}
resumeobject {399fea39-e689-11df-a884-9f6589cc942a}
displayorder {399fea3a-e689-11df-a884-9f6589cc942a}
toolsdisplayorder {b2721d73-1db4-4c62-bf78-c548a880142d}
timeout 0
displaybootmenu No

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier {399fea3a-e689-11df-a884-9f6589cc942a}
device partition=C:
path \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description Windows 7
locale en-US
loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
inherit {6efb52bf-1766-41db-a6b3-0ee5eff72bd7}
recoverysequence {399fea3b-e689-11df-a884-9f6589cc942a}
recoveryenabled Yes
osdevice partition=C:
systemroot \Windows
resumeobject {399fea39-e689-11df-a884-9f6589cc942a}
nx OptIn
sos No
debug No

Last edited:
How did you install the 2nd W7 ?
Was the 1st visible to it ?
If so, the second added an entry to the 1st's BCD, and now you've chosen to to delete the one with the boot files (1st), leaving the boot and the run components in separate places.
Or did you install the OSs independently, (each with a BCD) and now you've deleted the entry for the system you're running on, again leaving the boot and run functions split.
In the former case, you can use EasyBCD 2 > BCD Backup/Repair > Change boot drive to copy the boot files to the remaining system
In the latter, you just need to switch the drives in the BIOS boot sequence.

i was a little afraid it wouldnt work but presto, backup/repair, fiddle around a little with the remainder of files/stuff on the other drive and im back where i was :smile:

thanks a lot for the tips :smile:

I wonder if the loadoptions "DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS" is correct ! It seems everybody is overlooking the double D. It is likely that the interpreter does not recognize the message. I solved my problems with dual booting by using F8 before I choose the OS that would not boot giving me all kind of messages (and proposed to use the installation disk repair function, which was useless) and from the F8 menu I choose Disable Driver Signature Enforcement and hit the enter key.
Problem solved ! Next time I have to do the same to boot this problematic OS but I will try to find a way in msconfig.

No, it's not overlooked - that's the correct spelling of the load option.
However, Microsoft has restricted the automated disabling of driver signature verification for certain types of drivers in Windows 7 and up - you need to press F8 and manually disable them each time. It's a real PITA, but fortunately the number of unsigned drivers has gone down drastically in the last few years.

Back