Nvidia GeForce 9500M GS,
Integrated Web Cam,
Blue tooth,
WiFi,
Finger Print Reader,
Vista Home Premium

Price: £699.99

41NZf-7iFwL._SS400_.jpg

It will be used for graphic design, 3D modeling, animation, web design and gaming.

I'm not into Intel processors so I don't know how good it is, if you could clear that up for me, and what do you think about graphic card? :grinning:

This laptop is one of the possible solutions I'd go for, depends on your opinion.

That sounds really nice Sarge
The 9500 sounds realllllly nice.
But the nicest thing is the price. Considering how prices are here that sounds real good.

But you should wait for a more experienced opinion:smile:

Hey Sarge! We missed you, where've you been, man?

Acer makes the best price/performance ratio laptops right now; that's a nice machine. The 4GB RAM and the CPU should be able to handle the graphics modeling just fine (and then some), and it looks like a decent gaming PC too.

Good luck!

With that kind of configuration the price is excellent. Any lower then that, the seller would be ripping themselves off :smile:

That is a nice laptop. 2nd person i know that got a Acer recently. Good laptops from what i hear.

Thanks people! Hopefully I'll get that one, because I'm still checking how can I get it shipped from UK if I can't find it in Serbia.

Hey Sarge! We missed you, where've you been, man?

I miss you too guys! :grinning:

I'm still working, no internet, except minor messenger activity and email. But in case I'm still working next month, I should have a laptop and internet to use, so I should be more on :smile:

i was going to say acer sucks and that its a no namer but i can;t reply with that many decisions

Acer is almost as well known as Dell in some parts of the world. In those same parts Acer is revered as the better PC Manufacturer than Dell or HP.

I know of at least 10 people who have Acer laptops now and they all love them and highly recommend them.

I have to agree with Mak, because it's the case with a lot of people here, they didn't have bad experience with Acer laptops.

Anyways, if I can't find that laptop, I'll probably buy both, desktop and a laptop, just that this time I won't invest that much in the laptop. One of the possible solutions in that case is:

Acer Aspire 5520G

• Operating System: Linux
  • Chipset: NVIDIA nForce 630M
  • Processor: AMD Turion 64 X2 dual-core TL60 (2.0GHz, FSB 800MHz, 1MB L2)
  • RAM 2048MB DDR2, hard disk 320GB SATA, DVD-SuperMulti Double Layer
  • Screen: 15.4" TFT WXGA CrystalBrite 1280 x 800
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GS
  • Network: 56K modem, 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet LAN, 54 Mbps 802.11b/g WLAN, Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
  • Audio: Dolby Surround Sound System, stereo zvučnici
  • Integrated web cam and mic
  • Litijum-jonska 6-cell baterija, up to 3 h
  • Dimensions: 366 x 274 x 33.6 / 42.6 mm
  • Weight: 2.75 kg
9011656_1.jpg

It's not that bad, is it? :smile: And not very expensive, its about 700 euros.

(Okay... time to go back to work, see you guys! Thanks! Have fun! :grinning:)

Why is this laptop more expensive than the other one. Isnt that one better??

On the other hand i saw around the same laptop you mentioned earlier here for around the same price.

Not bad for a second option. Linux may be a pain, but seeing how it is free it allows you to invest in the hardware. AMD isn't so bad for the proccessor. I believe they run cooler then Intel chips. A bigger hard drive is definitly a nice bonus.

i currently don't own a processing unit (pc or laptop) but if i were to get one ii think it would be a pc cause there less expensive and more upgrade friendly right??????????????????

Macs are PC's as well. PC just stands for Personal Computer. Which they all are. So if you want upgrade and customization you want a desktop PC running Windows. That will allow for your upgrades.

Why is this laptop more expensive than the other one. Isnt that one better??

On the other hand i saw around the same laptop you mentioned earlier here for around the same price.

Pounds and euros don't have the same value. :wink:

Not bad for a second option. Linux may be a pain, but seeing how it is free it allows you to invest in the hardware. AMD isn't so bad for the proccessor. I believe they run cooler then Intel chips. A bigger hard drive is definitly a nice bonus.

Oh no, no, no. I won't be using Linux. I mean I will, but that won't be the only OS installed. So, soonest I get either laptop, I'm formatting it and making partitions the way I like them, installing XP, Vista Home Premium, Linux Ubuntu. :smile:

Oh My God!

I decided to split the PC budget to 2, and here's what, at this point, am getting:

Laptop:

FSC Amilo Pi 2550

15.4"

Intel Core 2 Duo T5550 (1.83GHz, FSB 667MHz, 2MB L2)

2GB RAM

250GB HDD

Radeon HD2400 256MB VRAM, DirectX 10

DVDRW

WLAN

DVI-D 4in1

WebCam

Desktop:

MSI SAM2 K9N SLI-2F NV570SLI 1000HT 4xDDR2 800 2xPCI-E SATAII RAID 7.1ch

AMD AM2 Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core 6400+ Windsor 64 Bit 3.2GHz 2x1MB HT2000MHz 90nm 125W BOX

MSI nVidia NX8800GT 600MHz 1800MHz 512MB DDRIII 256Bit Direct X10 TV Out DVI Fan HDTV SLI

Kingston KVR 2G DDR2 800 CL5 (X2, so 4GB of RAM)

WD SATAII SE16 Caviar 16MB 320GB

Chieftec BH-01B-B-B 400W

Pioneer DVDRW DVR-212D Biege S-ata

What I'm wondering is, is 400W enough for this PC, and does everything fit the motherboard? Hmm... should be.. but still I'm asking. I'm ordering parts separately.

i heard that toshiba cleared itself of a bunch of warranties sold with laptops under their name; because it wasn't actually a toshiba or something like that if anyone can find the thread that would be great

Back