The Introduction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Yassar! welcome to NeoSmart Technologies.

Thanks for extending a helping hand - we'll be sure to be in touch when we're ready for the translation to begin!

Glad you could join us - stick around and enjoy the fun :smile:

Thanks guys
You make me feel like i am home
:wink:
I have a friend (he is editor) in chip.com.tr. He suggested me to use it. And maybe we can make EasyBCD spread all over the Turkish based sites.

Keep in touch...

Well after sorting my problems I have eventually found this thread. (So yup, my first post was a plea for help).

I came across EasyBCD a while ago. It was mentioned in an article in a pc mag I was reading. My main reason for installing it was due to XP and the restore points as I was just about to install Vista.

Having said that, EasyBCD and you guys here have been really helpful so thank you one and all.

Well after sorting my problems I have eventually found this thread. (So yup, my first post was a plea for help).

I came across EasyBCD a while ago. It was mentioned in an article in a pc mag I was reading. My main reason for installing it was due to XP and the restore points as I was just about to install Vista.

Having said that, EasyBCD and you guys here have been really helpful so thank you one and all.

Funny. :smile: That was the same way I heard about EasyBCD. Read the APC MAG article there on dual-booting Vista with XP (Vista installed first), and found a mention in there of EasyBCD, and that is how I found my way here. :wink:

Don't brilliant minds think alike! :brows:

-Coolname007

hi all wanted to say hi and a big thx for the info and software i have found after stumbling across this site over 2 weeks ago whilst trying.. not completly succeeding yet to sort out my system , but with all the great help and advice ive seen here im getting there..!
for info tryin to set up a triple boot raid array with xp32 vista64 and win7 alongside ubuntu and osx86 on other drives .. new to it all so you can imagine the fun im having with that little lot .

anyway thats it for now and thx again

Hiya cra_arc, welcome to NST!

Glad to see you've made yourself at home - if there's anything we can help you out with just start a new thread and we'll be sure to do our best to help you out :smile:

Well I don't think i've introduced myself here, so hi NeoSmart!

I discovered NST like many who find out about EasyBCD and amount of ease it makes dealing with MSes new boot proccess. I noticed how great the forums were here and decided I would join to help out whenever I could on the side since I enjoy technology and helping people. My bio on my profile page pretty much sums me up. I live a rather techie lifestyle, always in front of a monitor for just about anything I do.

Well I guess this isnt a totally wasted post. Its been a year today since I joined. About time I introduced myself here lol

Last edited:
First make it work, then make it pretty!

Okay, okay, my first post WAS, in fact, a gentle plea for help (yep, even used "need some help" in the topic line), lol!

I found EasyBCD through that same APC article, and started learning how to break things with it, right away.
Some of us know just enough to be dangerous, eh?

Those being said, I used to do a little moderating back in the BBS days, and it always irritates me to see folks screaming for help when it is absolutely clear that they haven't taken time to "search", "read", or "understand".

So... I fussed over my setup until it actually DID work... it just worked really ugly, lol!
THEN I looked for some "seasoned wisdom" (CG & Jake), to help me clear up some of the shrapnel, blast damage, and chaos left over.

Just wanted to say hi, thanks, and that I feel welcome here!

Dave:happy:

Glad to meet you Dave.
Anyone prepared to take the time to have a good read before posting is always welcome.
All the high posters who help out on here arrived looking for help and just sort-of, stayed around.
I hope you'll be helping out with advice soon if you spot someone needy asking a question you've already sussed.
One of the reasons we generally have a reasonably fast response time is because of our geographical spread, so you'll be closer to Jake and Jus in timezones.
It 'd be nice to get someone from Aus/NZ helping out to fill the biggest gap, but NY will do.
The far-east would be good too, but unfortunately, instead of helping out, they tend to cause most work, by producing copious spam most days.

:lol:

Welcome to NST, Dave... Glad we could help you out!

Stretch your legs, peer around, and make yourself at home :smile:

Thanks again, folks!

I have, in fact, been poking around a bit... feels kinda familiar. Yeah, there's 90% of "Quick, HELP med"... and then vanishings, lol.... but down inside the traffic I see a lot of experience and talent under the surface.

I'm betting I'll learn a lot, here, and probably help out a bit, when I can.

Dave

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]Hi, [/FONT]​

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]i'm John. Just wanted to say that this is a great forum. [/FONT]​

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]I'd like to dual boot too mainly because i really want to try linux so i guess i'll just stick around in the vista corner!![/FONT]​

[FONT=Times New Roman, serif]cheers :smile:[/FONT]​

Hey John, welcome to NeoSmart Technologies and glad to hear you're sticking around!

Welcome John,
have a good read around the wiki, and follow the links from the early points in the sticky thread, and you should glean enough information to feel quite confident about joining the dual-booting community.
At least half of the problems reported by new posters are a result of jumping in the deep-end without having prepared with even rudimentary research.
Follow the boy-scout motto and you should be fine.

Terry28

Hi all, wonder if someone can help. Have XP installed on c:\ and then installed Vista on D:\ (seperate drive). Dual boot working perfectly for months. Suddenly I buy a small USB stick 0.5Mb works perfectly which ever OS I am running. The problem is (there had to be one) if I leave it plugged in XP boots on power up but if I choose Vista on power up, Vista will not load....usual error winload.exe is corrupt or missing which is not the case at all. Unplug the drive, reeboot into Vista, plug stick back in ...works perfectly as a temp measure. The question is what do I alter and how do I do it? Gratefully yours....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back