The Introduction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi !
I'm a French New user and I am so shy ...
I hope to find some answers to my multi-boot problems here and I know I will.
Thanks and best regards.

Hey,

I'm here because I didn't like the laptop support telling me over and over that they don't recommend changing anything about the laptop from factory shipped, and that basically anything anyone would want to do wasn't possible.

I bought an SSD drive to put in the new laptop and basically just want that to work and if I plug the original drive in via esata that it would boot from there also, for backup, extra storage, and dual boot. This seemed very strange and foreign to the tech support I chatted with. Also strange they don't ship any disks anymore and seem to go out of their way to prevent enabling a clean install of the operating system.

I am glad I found this forum and other sites that deal with these issues.

Salaam Aleichem Mahmoud! Greetings to all:
New member here, thanks for all your extensive hard work. Just getting ready to make the wife's and my desktops dual boot with XP pro and Win7. Not in trouble yet, but give it a little time, I'll manage it.lol. My last foray into dual boot was my laptop, added Ubuntu to Vista, works quite nicely, but it is the only time I got a downloaded Linux install to work for me. Looking forward to using Easy BCD 2.0 build#93. Tamhias don't be shy, Ive checked quite a few threads here, these are nice and helpful guys.
Thanks and all the best! cheers! Rikitiki

walaikum alsalam!

Another Rikki Tikki fan, eh? I love Kipling :smile:

Good luck with EasyBCD and holler if you need anything.

I find we have more in common each day CG.
Monk, Holmes, Hitchhiker's, and now Mongooses. (I keep wanting to write that as Mongeese)
R T T was my favourite story read by my Infant School Teacher more than half a century ago.
Nice to finally meet him.
Talking of Monk, after a long drought we now have a veritable flood.
One of the minor DTV channels is showing daily reruns of seasons 1-2, and the 2 major rival channels are running weekly, previously unseen (here) season 6 and season 7 against each other, with season 8 promised to follow on directly.
My DTR is filling faster than I can keep up.
It's also recording daily reruns of old BBC sitcoms "Game On" and "Black Books", which I can thoroughly recommend if you've never seen them and get the chance.

Last edited:
The indroduction thread - my first time

My mother tongue isn't English. I first saw your (our) forum searching about BCDedit and I thank you all for the no-profit help you are providing.
Have a good sunday! :smile:

Terry: I re-read that story with my youngest brother a year or two ago trying to get him to appreciate reading.. it was a great trip down memory lane!

@ignorochisono: Good of you to correct yourself: it is indeed our forum and we're glad to have you on board :smile: Great to hear your woes worked out :smile:

@tomtheallrighty: Love your username!! It was cut-off in my browser, and I assumed it was "the almight" and groaned inwardly, but was pleasantly surprised to see the rest of it :grinning:

Glad to hear you solved your problem too :smile:

Hello

I came here searching for answers and found them, not needing to post a cry for help. I just built a new system: Intel Core i7-975 Extreme on an Asus P6T7 WS Supercomputer MoBo, 12.280GB main RAM, Dual BFGTech GTX295 GPUs in quad SLI, 1TB HDD. I am trying to dual boot Windows 7 64-bit with Windows XP 32-bit. Installed Win7, shrank the volume then installed WinXP and it would only boot to WinXP. Finally did a repair on the Win7 volume, and now it only boots to Win7 and no option for WinXP. I am going to try the EasyBCD 2.0 to add the WinXP boot to the startup so I can select which OS to run. I got this link from Windows Seven Forums. Hopefully this will work.

Shawn

Hi Shawn, welcome to the forums.

Awesome rig there!!! I've been meaning to upgrade mine for a while, but since it still doesn't everything I need super fast, I'm not seeing the motivation at the moment :smile:

Good luck with the dual-boot, it should just work w/ no extra work needed if you're using the latest build. If not, start a new thread and we'll be more than happy to help.

I have succumbed to your heart wrenching appeals for me to post. I had to register to get the EasyBCD Beta. Thank you for that excellent and free program. Now that I am "one of the guys" I will spend some time looking around. By-the-way, I extracted it with UniExtract and it works fine as stand alone (as far as I can tell).

Hey, I appreciate the warm welcome. :??

Welcome to the board, Syngensmyth. First I hear of UniExtract, will be checking it out.

Now that "you're one of the guys," as you put it, please do let us know if you have any feedback on the beta :smile:

Never heard of it? Well its fantastic for programs that are pretty much portable, such as EasyBCD when you don't want to install stuff (like me). It doesn't replace a archive program like 7-zip but if 7-zip can't extract something usually Universal Extractor can.

Welcome to the forums everyone.

I use The Unarchiver on OS X (which is my platform for non-work-related stuff) which I have previously used to extract individual files from the EasyBCD setup package, so I'm not surprised :smile:

Hi, i am from Germany and i signed on, to get the latest Beta from this great Multiboot Tool. Because, i have some problems with my Dualboot-system. :wink: I hope, i will ask later in the right thread :smile:
Hopefully, my english is`nt too bad, so that you can understand me :wink:
My regard for the nice programm and your help.
Greets from Germany - Ashoka

Hi Guys, welcome to the forum!

Ashoka, your english is just fine and dandy - couldn't tell you were a foreigner even!
Naazuk: you're welcome!

Hey guys and gals, been using easybcd for a while and figured was time to become a member of the community

Naz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back