The Introduction Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer should be my hobby because of the use and not because of the time spent setting things up.
My fault is that I wanted to have all working in the best and fasted way, with multiple options... and never did an informatic school.

<snip>

My main question about pc is, how everybody that talks about advanced things and settings has got his knowledge?
I'm getting mine by trying to have a fast and working OS, doing mistakes, but it isn't a very clever way.
I't is not that I don't like playing with dual boots and installing and finding drivers, to not talk about choosing the hardware by reading loooots of rewiews,

qiplayer,
Don't feel so bad about learning "the hard way" In many ways that's the only way to really stay abrest of the latest-and-greatest stuff. Even Einstein (I think?) said "I've learned more from my mistakes than I ever did from my successes." If mistakes are good enough for Einstein, they're good enough for me!

Seriously, you are going about this correctly: You're not afraid to experimeent, you're reading up on the Internet, and you're participating in the relevant forums. This, I might add, is where most of us started - and we're all still learning from each other.

I keep a blog "QA Tech Tips" where I shaare my own exxperiences with hardware and software, located at http://www.qatechtips.com

Others here have similar blogs so I would recommend visiting some of them.

You are on the right track, persist and keep learning.

What say ye?

Jim (JR)

Addendum:

Oh, and by the way. . . . .

Yesterday I was messing around with the BIOS settings on my "big" computer, trying to make backups. As a result of this I ended up trashing the boot process on my machine - badly enough that the Windows Resuce utility barely was able to get it back - and it was STILL messed up! (though I could get to my desktop.)

Yes, I've been around the block a few times, I can tell the sheep from the goats, but even the best of us periodically mess themselves up so badly that they need to do a wipe-and-reinstall.

So, don't feel to bad about your own mistakes, we all make them.

What say ye?

Jim (JR)

Last edited:
Hey!
It's like a bad nickel - I always keep turning up at the darndest times. . . .!

Actually, I've been busy as (----). And now that I have your un-divided attention (laughing!) why not pop over to my TechTips blog and take a gander at my latest posting The Cost of Complacency I'm sure you will find it interesting - and it might even stimulate a bit of thought!

Come on over and see how the other half is living!

Jim

I am happy to now be a part of this community. I do have a problem that I could use some advise for.
Question
[h=1]My laptop with Windows 7 just stopped loading windows and won't load recovery options...[/h]A few days ago, I tried starting up my computer. Windows would not load. Safe mode did not work so I tried recovery options. It never loaded the options. Now, all I get is those two options but nothing ever loads. I see that your company can provide a recovery disk that can be downloaded to a CD. My question – if I purchase the download and place it on a CD will I be able to run the CD if I can’t load my Windows 7 OS? Thank you for your assistance.

I am happy to now be a part of this community. I do have a problem that I could use some advise for.
Question

[h=1]My laptop with Windows 7 just stopped loading windows and won't load recovery options...[/h]A few days ago, I tried starting up my computer. Windows would not load. Safe mode did not work so I tried recovery options. It never loaded the options. Now, all I get is those two options but nothing ever loads. I see that your company can provide a recovery disk that can be downloaded to a CD. My question – if I purchase the download and place it on a CD will I be able to run the CD if I can’t load my Windows 7 OS? Thank you for your assistance.

Welcome to the forums. I would pose a question in the Windows forum for better attention. Not sure what coding tags you used in your post but some didn't work. bbCode help here: BB Code List - The NeoSmart Forums

Last edited:
Pick where you want to post according to whatever the subject is going to be and select 'Post new thread'.

Question

Give a look here
http://neosmart.net/blog/2009/windows-7-system-repair-discs/
I
don't know but it might help

As Salam OoO Alaikum Guys this is my First post on this site i hope we all Solve Each Other issues With ease....im On my Sight ....to serve nd help U i share really good stuff to u .......

I'm looking for a fast gaming monitor, and ask myself:
why all the best monitor have a too wide border?
I mean, let's say I buy one monitor, and in january other 2 to use the 3 together, I can get the best result if the border is small, so the space between the screens is shorter. No the best panels does have a large border....
So I live in pace with that.

As I'm quite getting a culture about lcd displays for gaming I share with you some of this.

If you need a lcd for gaming, and maybe for fast games, there are a few very important things that you won't see on the specifications when you look for your monitor.

the gosting: it means when you have something moving on the screen, after the object there is a darker shadow. This means the pixels need some time to rechange their color. When you see 2 ms, it is meant the time to change between scales of gray, and not to change completely from white to black. So for some reasons, you might see a 2ms monitor, and it behaves like a 8ms monitor. If it is effectively 1 or 2 milliseconds it is a very fast monitor, and it means, after the object is passed, the pixels need 1 or 2 millisecond to rechange the color. It means you always see fast moving images clearly:smile:.

imput lag. It means the time for the monitor to show you the image that your pc is processing. on normal modern screens, it can be of 25/60 milliseconds. You cud say it's a little bit. But the human reaction time in games can be between 120-300 milliseconds. This means in gaming, that someone with a fast monitor can start aiming at you, before you see him, so even you are fast, you must add these 25/60 milliseconds to your reaction time. In onlinegames you get killed.

If you must shoot to a fast moving object, you cud not get it, just because in the program he is ahead the point that you actually see and shoot at. Usually 13 milliseconds of imput lag, is one frame retard. If you have 6-10 milliseconds of imput lag you have a very fast lcd monitor, the old big monitors, didn't have at all this lag, and the ideal would be to have a monitor with no lag at all.

That's it, just two specs that sometimes make the difference.

....And I don't buy samsung mobilephones, just because I have a old phone, that once the battery is down it vibrates annoying me every 5 minutes, until it is really 0%, So I thought why spend money on a brand that instead of making things work whell, just throw on market new models.

Now I see similar things on monitors.

Samsung has a eyefinity ready monitor setup.
Here it is
I mean 3 or 6 monitors putted together for "extreme" gamers. To have a biig view.
Then I discover that for some games these monitors cud be perfect, if the game has not much action. But if you play fast games these monitors are not suitable at all. So i believe they have made a marketing product, and it isn't really a company to thrust. As these should be built specially for gamers (and from a company that did monitors before to start with the rest).
Now I really hope someone of the administrators of this forum isn't meanwhile working for samsung :tongueout:

Anywhay, thanks for your replies, and live well :smile:

I am Spanish speaker, but I know to express a lot of ideas in English. I am a computers technician a few years ago. I came here to learn and to share some knowledge about computers, as I can share my little knowledge about it.

Hi hello to you all to, Just a little question, (excuse my ignorance ,as i'm disabled with head injury which leaves me a bit confused in retaining info) still compis mentis, but i lost my computers password, bought that iso file ,and it's on my flash fujifilm flash, as i could not get it to burn onto a disk, so again excuse my ignorance ,what do i do as my Sony vaio computer has all my stuff and i can't get in, one point I lost the password as my fingers may have touched aa key i don't know but it was when i was setting up remote, and when i established the remote and all i had to do was put in the password and my head went blank, so please what do i do next, i assume something went onto my flash, but what do i do with it ,thanks in advance... ps And i might have done something wrong as why would'nt my disc burn

Last edited:
Do you help us with the help we need with the product I just bought.

Addendum:

I bought a recover disk for Windows 7 64 bit and it runs but my computer still does not boot.

Last edited:
Hi hello to you all to, Just a little question, (excuse my ignorance ,as i'm disabled with head injury which leaves me a bit confused in retaining info) still compis mentis, but i lost my computers password, bought that iso file ,and it's on my flash fujifilm flash, as i could not get it to burn onto a disk, so again excuse my ignorance ,what do i do as my Sony vaio computer has all my stuff and i can't get in, one point I lost the password as my fingers may have touched aa key i don't know but it was when i was setting up remote, and when i established the remote and all i had to do was put in the password and my head went blank, so please what do i do next, i assume something went onto my flash, but what do i do with it ,thanks in advance... ps And i might have done something wrong as why would'nt my disc burn
buy an expernal hdd, install windows on it, and then through the windows installed there you access to yourfiles, and copy them in to the external hdd. Once you copied all the files, reinstall the pc from the beginning.

As I'm not an expert there cud be other solution much better than mine. I even don't know exactly if it can work to install from an external hdd.

By my laptop, I have a 250 hdd, and there it was space for another hdd, so I added another 500 gb hdd, wich is fast and great. this was my best upgrade on my laptop :smile:

If I was you I would search on google something like "help windows passwort forgot"
and search for another solution

Thanks
I downloaded the recovery disc and tried to boot up my dead dell but no luck.
I am not sure what to try next.
Thanks again.
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back