This File can Harm your Computer ???

BuckSkin

I just downloaded iReboot 2.0.1 straight from NeoSmart and got a red warning "This File can Harm Your Computer; Do you Want to Keep it or Discard it?"

What is up with that ?

Thanks for reading.

It's either your browser or your AV/web protection that alerts to all downloads as possible threats.
If your are downloading it from Neosmart it's fine.

You're welcome. I should have added: if downloading from other websites that host it, beware of 3rd party software being added. Normally one can opt out of receiving that but sometimes it isn't possible. Always follow any pop-up alerts carefully. Download from the publisher direct wherever possible.
I just downloaded it and had no warnings. (Firefox 57 x64, using McAfee WebAdvisor and AV).

if downloading from other websites that host it, beware of 3rd party software being added. Normally one can opt out of receiving that but sometimes it isn't possible. .

I appreciate the advice and information.

I do know that there is something called "open candy" that comes in more and more software downloads; plus, I read a recent article that said many programs that used to be free and clean now receive payment for bloating their installers with all manner of undesirable stuff.

I was not too afraid of the NeoSmart download, as I already had EasyBCD; but, I thought it best for a novice like me to make sure.

Back