[ToolTipFixer] - Full screen video/Mouse cursor problem in older Windows games

skoubydoo

(Crossposted with comments section)

Hey Computer Guru,
I've come across an issue with your patch and two older Windows games. They are Fallout and Spycraft: The Great Game. Something in your patch affects how the full screen video and mouse cursor work. The video goes black and the mouse cursor is literally painting the current video on the screen. I'm trying to find out what is it about your tool that causes this so I can look into why other users have these problems without your product installed (perhaps they have a service like yours with similar functions?).

For your reference:
Tex Murphy: Overseer click screen of death - Adventure Forums

Please let me know your thoughts on this.
Thanks,
skouby

I have the latest service pack/updates and I still have this problem.

I noticed in your change log an entry for "Improvements to window handling": [#TTF-3] Improvements to window handling - NeoSmart Technologies BugCentral

Can you tell me about your program? What is it doing to manipulate the start menu or even the general behavior of Windows? I can only guess without your help because I don't have the source code and am not an expert in Windows programming.

I have the latest service pack/updates and I still have this problem.

I noticed in your change log an entry for "Improvements to window handling": [#TTF-3] Improvements to window handling - NeoSmart Technologies BugCentral

Can you tell me about your program? What is it doing to manipulate the start menu or even the general behavior of Windows? I can only guess without your help because I don't have the source code and am not an expert in Windows programming.
Just to make sure: this is a service pack for .NET Framework released last month; and separate from Windows service packs, etc.

"My code" applies those properties to the tooltips, making them appear above the toolbar.

We've seen issues with TTF on particular system configurations; I would say it has to do with the video card, installed software, drivers, and the games/movies being played. There isn't anything TTF can do, since it's only telling Windows what we need accomplished (i.e. putting the tooltips above the toolbar) and not how, which Windows decides for itself barring conflict from hardware/software configurations.

Back