Ubuntu boots only from CD

JeffTech

Hello, just a small problem. I installed Unbuntu 7.04 on a separate HD with my Vista drive and XP drive (not partitions) unplugged. After plugging both drives back in I ran Easy BCD 1.6 on the Vista drive and everything configured fine. I now have a triple boot except when I choose Unbuntu it will not boot. It makes me insert the CD and then it boots from the CD. After it boots I can take out the CD and I think I'm working on my original install. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Last edited:
Well

hi Jeff :smile:

i think that you should re-install the ubuntu to that HDD again. and leave the other HDD's plugged in.

so you have two or three HDD (Hard Drive Disk) and so then if you have three that should be no problem to just reinstall the ubuntu, it of course you should backup any new files you have on that HDD

i would wait until Computer Guru can reinforce my plan, or suggest something else before you do much of anything

have you tried booting the Disk first, not using vista of Easybcd, just booting the HD that ubuntu is on

try that, if you havent

Hi Jeff,

Sounds like GRUB isn't properly installed to the Ubuntu partition - you'll want to reinstall GRUB to the partition (and not the drive) that Ubuntu is installed to.

Once you've done that, you should be able to delete the old entry in EasyBCD and then create a new one that works.

Good luck & let us know how it goes.

Back