Update Grub4DOS version in EasyBCD

sambul12

Distinguished Member
There is no menu option to update to latest Grub4DOS release in EasyBCD 2.3 . Meanwhile, chenall regularly releases new Grub4DOS updates with bug fixes and enhancements, while older Grub4DOS release included with EasyBCD 2.3 doesn't support many new features available now via menu.lst commands. I tried to replace old grldr and grldr.mbr in C:\Program Files (x86)\NeoSmart Technologies\EasyBCD\profiles with the latest files from chenall's releases, but it seems to result in error at boot: "No GRLDR found". I had to install Grub4DOS to disk MBR with Bootice to fix that error. This forum's Wiki has an article about the above error hinting disk's MBR corruption, but it doesn't seem to fit this case.

Is there the "right" way to update Grub4DOS code in EasyBCD? Or, may be I'm missing some hints, like renaming files, copying to root, etc? Can you add such an article to local Wiki? If not possible, can the author add such menu option, allowing to select and update the latest Grub4DOS version from a local disk?

Last edited:
Back