Vista and CentOS 5 - EasyBCD BL options

Firebar

Hi all,

Hoping someone can help. I have Vista on a 320GB SATA drive running fine. I've just installed a PCI-E serial SATA controller with a nice familiar chipset so I can dual boot Linux, a 250GB SATA drive is connected to this. I've installed CentOS 5 and told it to install GRUB into the bootsector of the 250GB drive.
I then booted back into Windows, installed the drivers etc for the PCI-E raid controller and then fired up EasyBCD. I added an entry for my linux install with the following options;

Hard Drive = 1
Partition = 1

Therefore the second hard drive and first partition of it. When I then reboot and select CentOS 5.0 from the bootloader list I just get a screen which says 'GRUB' in the top left. Nothing else, I can ctrl-alt-del to reboot if required.

Is this an issue due to me using a RAID controller? Any thoughts on why this is happening?

Hello there!

You've come across (what seems to be) a bug/conflict in the MBR/Bootsector between Vista and other operating systems.

If you'd like to use EasyBCD to circumvent this issue, please PM me your email address so I can forward you the necessary non-disclosure agreement before giving you a copy of EasyBCD 1.6 to try this out with.

Back