What the heck does "BCD" mean?

Great software I am sure, but I hate when you developers use acronyms and don't have the courtesy to somewhere identify what it means.

As a courtesy always assume everyone else just flew in from Mars and has no idea what it is.

Hello Vin, welcome to NST.
BCD = "boot configuration data" store.

The BCD is a boot file used by the Win Vista/7 bootloaders to store its entries in. EasyBCD is a tool used to manipulate this file, via a GUI, which previously could only be done by the CLI tool "bcdedit.exe".

Cheers.

Jake

Great software I am sure, but I hate when you developers use acronyms and don't have the courtesy to somewhere identify what it means.

As a courtesy always assume everyone else just flew in from Mars and has no idea what it is.

BCD is not a term coined by NeoSmart or its developer. It is in fact a term used by Microsoft. It is the term used for the boot loader used in Vista and Win7. You may want to consult with them on the use of the acronyms for the boot loaders as they are the ones that started everyone off using it.

Even the Microsoft applet to modify the boot data is called BCDEdit.exe coming right from Windows.:smile:

That is only because she is to young to have friends of her own. Give it a couple of years and my only friend will be my keyboard. :wink:

Hey at least you have 3 friends. I am down to one and that is my child. :wink:

That is the best friend you could wish for yourself ... I know many people, but only my little son is my best friend. He made me realize what real friendship means. :wink:

not really on topic but ... :joy:

Back