Widescreen Monitors & Stuff

Sarge

Distinguished Member
Yeah.. speaking of wide screen monitors.. in about 2 months I should get a new monitor and I was thinking about any just a little faster TFT or something like that 19'' I think will do great.. but.. wide screen or standard.. I don't know are wide screens any better and why?

Widescreen is more... natural to the eye (we see in widescreen, with peripheral vision extending almost 180 degrees from side-to-side and far, far less up and down.)

WideScreen is great for things that take up lots of room (Photoshop, Visual Studio, etc) but it can be a bit difficult to get used to. But once you go Widescreen, you'll never go back :smile:

My Samsung 713N LCD 4:3 monitor refuses to die and I've had it on all day every day since Samsung released the model.
When the lamp starts flashing I guess I'll know it's time to start looking for a newer model.

It looks nice:
samsung_713n_2.jpg

You have 17"? :smile:

Yes, that's the one. Excellent picture.

I'd go for something like this one - the 226BW next time....only 2ms response time means that nothing will blur

226bw_l.jpg

Last edited:
You're going for wide screen too? Yey! :lol:

Peter, I don't like the pic you posted, I like this one better :tongueout:
200612191359292631.jpg

This monitor is 18" I think :happy:

I can't tell all we see is ...8". But I have 27" tv.. and it's kinda bigger than that monitor.. but I'm not sure at all :smile:

Well, I have a 19" TFT on my desktop right now, and next to it a 17" CRT - together they're about the same size as that one!

I tried this one but there was no room left on my desk for anything else...actually there was no room in the room for anything else.....just kidding.

85596.jpg

Well, I have a 19" TFT on my desktop right now, and next to it a 17" CRT - together they're about the same size as that one!

Yeah... what to do when somebody has to look at this everyday >.<
Lol, don't look at me, it's not mine! :smile:
Hey, look at Ubuntu sign there at that desktop under the desk :grinning:

untitled1tw0.jpg

Last edited:
Hey can I connect 2 monitors to one computer? And use one as a space for windows (not OS, but windows :smile:)

Back