Win 10 upgrade woes

I broke down and let MS upgrade my Acer a5600 to win 10, bit now I get artifacts all over the screen and the mouse pointer keeps jumping around. I just do not have enough control to initiate the rollback process. When I found NeoSmart's rollback tool I thought my problems were solved, but unfortunately, the ISO image doesn't create a bootable usb drive. I imagine that I am doing something wrong, so thought that I would ask here for suggestions. Thanks, Bernie

Ps; now I keep getting a message that the drive is locked - don't know what is causing that! WIndows will no longer boot up.

Hi Bernie,

Which tool did you use to create a USB? These are the official instructions: Creating a bootable USB
With regards to actually booting from USB, here's the knowledgebase page for tat: Boot from USB drive

How far did you get with the above?

There is no problem with the usb, but the software looked like it was for linux rather than windows. I figured out the problem with the win 10 install. In the install the program re-enabled the touch screen, which is cracked, so it was generating constant random touches. I managed to get back to Windows 7, so the computer is usable again. I plan to disconnect the touchscreen before trying win10 again. Thanks for responding!

Back