Windows 7 not booting from the EasyRe cd.

mike101

Hi, i changed the bios to boot from the cd(EasyRe), and restarted the system,i hear the disc rotating but after few seconds, it boots from the harddrive, and giving me the windows error recovery screen with the following info
"Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause." I have tried both optinos
1) Launch startup repair (recommend)
2) Start windows normally

Choosing the first option it loads the Windows file is loading and then gets 3 bars into the Windows & load screen then goes blank. I have let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes in order to allow it to run it's disnostic, but all that comes on the screen is the mous cursor and nothing more.

Choosing the second option, I get microsoft start up logo it runs and then a blank screen with a mouse cursor as well, but will not go past this point.

Please help.

Thanks

If the CD doesn't boot, it's possible that it hasn't been burned successfully, or that the optical drive is faulty.
Check the former by trying to boot the CD on a fully functional PC, and the latter by putting a known-bootable CD in the tray (an old Windows e.g.)

If the CD doesn't boot, it's possible that it hasn't been burned successfully, or that the optical drive is faulty.
Check the former by trying to boot the CD on a fully functional PC, and the latter by putting a known-bootable CD in the tray (an old Windows e.g.)

Hi,
1. My CD was burned properly, i checked it with my other PC.
2.It started booting, giving me the options to select and after some time i again get the windows error recovery scree.
..Can you please help...

Thanks

In that case, if the CD is fine but won't boot on the broken PC, then the broken PC is at fault.
Double check your BIOS sequence to make sure you really are going to CD/DVD first.
If you are, check with a bootable DVD and see if that works.
There are two lasers in a CD/DVD combo working on different frequencies. If one has failed, you can probable still use the other.
If DVDs boot but CDs don't, you can burn the ISO to a DVD.

Solution

First Try to Install Lower Versions Of OS like windows XP, vista etc .After Installing run windows7 CD and choose upgrade option.This will surely recover your problem

Back