Windows 7 Trying to boot wrong partition after Automatic Recovery

artymia

Hello,
I had a problem with my Dell inspiron 1750 laptop (windows 7 Home premium 64 bit)
It would not boot.
I downloaded and burnt a EasyRE Windows t recovery CD, then booted from it and selected Automatic Repair.
When Prompted I selected the Windows 7 64 bit C: installation and clicked continue.
I noticed before I did so that another installation was showing as an 'Unmountable drive' Fom its size I guess this is the Dell Recocery partition.
The 'Unmountable' partition appeared first in the list, and the Windows 7 partition 2nd in the list.

Anyway...Automatic repair ran ok against the Windows 7 partition and said it had fixed things, then said I could restart my PC.

On pressing the restart button (after removing the CD) my PC restarted, but now gives a blue STOP screen indicating an unmountable partition is detected.

From this I assume the Boot loader is trying to boot from the 'unmoubtable' Dell recovery partition, not from the Windows 7 partition.

Ive tried several times but the Blue stop screen now appears every time I boot the laptop.

Is it possible to get around this problem (e.g. change the order in which the partitions are selected for boot, and/or repair the 'unmountable' partition

Many thanks for your time.

Back