Windows lost System tag after EasyBCD ???

BuckSkin

Although I am far from familiar with the program, I have successfully used EasyBCD on a few prior occasions.

This time, I hit a snag.

Once EasyBCD finished moving my Boot from System Reserved to the Windows(C) partition, it marked System Reserved as System and Active

Although Windows is marked as Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition, EasyBCD removed the System and Active labels from the WINDOWS (C) partition.

I had to manually mark Windows as Active but I can find no way to mark Windows as System.

Please help.

Thanks.

Okay.........! Panic attack is over !
I searched everywhere for answers with none to be found; I got to read a LOT of useless drivel that always led nowhere.
As I had this disk backed up a dozen different ways, I bit the bullet and rebooted, fully expecting something awful.

The machine restarted and went into Windows quicker than it ever has;.........so far, so good.

I looked in disk management; and, after the restart, my partition flags were all as I wanted to see them.

It would sure keep a lot of not-so-geeky guys such as myself from spending hours searching for answers to such little situations as this if much more beginner-friendly documentation were available.

Videos on such subjects are usually worthless, as they are made by some foreigner who talks faster than a horse can run, like he/she is in some kind of word race.

I thank the creators for such a useful program as EasyBCD .

EasyBCD doesn't set system and boot flags, they're not "real", they're just status reported by Disk Management.

Disk Management flags have the following meanings

"boot" = "this is the system you're running"
"system" = "this is where I found the boot files for the currently running system"
"active" (on the first HDD in the BIOS boot sequence) = "this is where I started the search for the boot files"
"active" (on subsequent HDDs in the BIOS boot sequence) ="this is where I will look if I don't find something in the MBR on the first HDD"

The only time EasyBCD alters a "real" flag is when you ask it to move the boot partition to a different location on the same drive, in which case it flips the "active" flag to the new location.

Back