XP and Vista on 2 separate HDs

I now have my old installation of XP on C/ (where all my data is also held) and my new Vista on D/ Vista was installed on C/ with the XP HD removed. After the install I moved the XP HD back to C/ and moved Vista to D/

How can I used EasyBCD so that I get an option screen on boot to choose between the two OS?

I have been having a devil of a time trying to do this with a program called VistaBootPro. After installing the bootloader, Vista takes over my C/ drive where XP is supposed to be. I then lose access to it completely. SO far (for the past 3 days and I don't know how many attempts...5+?!?!?) I have not been able to get the two to cohabitate nicely together. please help. :huh: Thanks.
Sam

I switched the HDs and put Vista in C/ and XP in D/

I opened Vista and it immediately downloaded some driver for the XP HD. The XP HD then became F/

I went into easy BCD and added another OS, labeled it WINDOWS XP and set it on the F/ drive. These are the diagnostics that I got back.

Code:
Windows Boot Manager
--------------------
identifier              {bootmgr}
device                  partition=C:
description             Windows Boot Manager
locale                  en-US
inherit                 {globalsettings}
default                 {current}
resumeobject            {36073684-70d4-122d-86f4-f9615e8f4b6a}
displayorder            {current}
                        {da5784e5-b968-11db-89dd-00123f6fc24d}
toolsdisplayorder       {memdiag}
timeout                 30

Windows Boot Loader
-------------------
identifier              {current}
path                    \Windows\system32\winload.exe
description             Microsoft Windows Vista
locale                  en-US
inherit                 {bootloadersettings}
osdevice                partition=C:
systemroot              \Windows
resumeobject            {36073684-70d4-122d-86f4-f9615e8f4b6a}
nx                      OptIn

Windows Legacy OS Loader
------------------------
identifier              {da5784e5-b968-11db-89dd-00123f6fc24d}
path                    \ntldr
description             Microsoft Windows XP

Tried that and it did not work.
boot into XP, get error ntldr
boot into VISTA, sometimes I can get all the way in, sometimes I get kicked out after entering my password.

Tried turning off the internet connections, but VISTA still lists the XP HD as F/

what am I doing wrong here? Please help out. I cannot find any tutorials anywhere for easy BCD. Thanks

Please don't double post. All threads are read, no matter where they're posted to.
Topic closed

*cough*
I'm wondering whether I should pretend that I closed it and it somehow reverted or that you got admin rights or shall I just admit that I didn't press the button.....
*cough*

Topic closed (for real) this time.

Back