XP to Windows 10 system from ssd

JTthe1st

I am trying to add XP to my boot options on a new windows 10 custom system. I have several old Dell computers with many XP programs that I would like to be able to access. My new system has multiple ssd drives and I have imaged two of the old hard drives and have them installed and recognized, but when I try to boot from either the system shuts down "to protect the computer". I then need to restart and the easybcd program gives me the option of windows 10 or windows xp. Unfortunately I no longer have the original disks from these systems. Is there a way I can get XP to boot on my new system and be able to run these programs without buying a new copy of XP ?

Thanks Terry. I was hoping for an easy solution but coming to the conclusion it wouldn't work. It's not important enough for me to buy a new copy of XP, I have tried (successfully) adding the old hard drive to my new system but the XP will not boot from that either. I guess I will just keep both systems up & running and transfer any data needed to the new custom 10 system..

If you know anyone (like me) who keeps all old installation CD/DVDs, temporary access to a copy of XP would be enough, provided you still know your XP full-retail key.

Back