What is EasyBCD Anyway?
EasyBCD is NeoSmart Technologies 100% free Windows bootloader (BCD) modification tool.It all depends on who you ask or what you want to get done, but
- A way to get your Windows Vista or Windows 7 working with Linux, BSD, Mac OS X, and dozens more operating systems without a headache!
- An IT Guy's number 1 bootloader-troubleshooting tool.
- A multiple award-winning application, used and recommended by the folks at Microsoft, PC World and more!
- The easiest way of booting from virtual disks, ISO images, network devices, or USB disks!
- The best way to do just about anything with Windows Vista/7 before it even turns on!
That's just the tip of the iceberg though. You should read the FAQ for more info. Also, take a look at the Multibooters' Guide for a down-to-earth explanation of what multi-booting is and how it works.
What Does EasyBCD Do? Why Should I Use It?
Well, no one says you have to use EasyBCD, but Microsoft's made it very clear that they're not releasing anything other than the command-line (and poorly supported/documented) bcdedit.exe for editing the bootloader. Plus, the guys at Microsoft, Google, PC World, PC Magazine, and many others use EasyBCD as their Vista BCD tool of choice. Why shouldn't you join in the fun? After all, not like it costs anything!
You're probably itching to get started, so we won't hold you back any longer. Just pick an OS you want to dual-boot into, and be on your way!
We offer free support in our uber-friendly support forums, with incredibly fast response times and super-dedicated members and NeoSmart Staff dying to help. If you've got a question, we've got all the answers.
EasyBCD and the stacked-hardisk logo are trademarks of NeoSmart Technologies.