Booting from an EasyRE CD, DVD, or USB
Assuming you've followed the instructions on how to create a bootable EasyRE CD, DVD, or USB correctly, you're now ready to use EasyRE to fix the PC in question.
- Remove the EasyRE CD/DVD or USB from the PC you used to prepare the EasyRE media.
- Either insert the EasyRE CD/DVD or plug the EasyRE USB into the computer that needs repair.
- Restart (or power down then power back up) the computer you're trying to fix.
- Immediately after your computer starts but before Windows begins to load, enter either the BIOS setup or the boot selection menu.
This is usually accomplished by pressing Esc, F2, F8, F10, F12, Del, Enter, or Space.
The exact key combination depends on the specific make and model of your PC. If you're unable to locate this option, contact your PC manufacturer and ask them how to boot into a USB or CD/DVD (depending on what you're using).
- Either configure your BIOS to boot from CD/DVD/USB or select the appropriate CD/DVD/USB option from the boot selection menu
At this point, EasyRE will begin to load from the EasyRE media you created.
EasyRE Recovery Options
EasyRE has many recovery options available, ranging from automatic detection and repair of boot problems, access to System Restore, an internet browser and more to advanced recovery options such as a partition editor, file undelete utility, and manual command prompt.
When EasyRE loads, it will bring up the main recovery options screen, which looks like this:
Choose one of the following links to read up on the variety of different recovery techniques available from within the EasyRE environment: