EasyBCD 2.4 soft release

Status
Not open for further replies.

mqudsi

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
EasyBCD 2.4 was soft-released in late December as I feared there were some regressions or issued that persisted in the release, as the beta release was not getting many eyeballs or sufficient testing to assuage my concerns. Additionally, there was the matter of either having to block the 2.4 release for all bundled languages to be updated or soft-releasing with the current translation updates and including any future updates in an official 2.4.1 release.

To that end, EasyBCD was uploaded to the site but without an official announcement or email alerts. I'm tackling the bugs that are being reported since then, and will formally release EasyBCD 2.4 (with all the fanfare that entails) alongside the 2.4.1 update (hopefully soon).

EasyBCD 2.4 can be downloaded from the official download page here.

Well I used version easyBCD 2.3 for a long time in dual-boot system Win10/Manjaro-Linux.
Than I had trouble with Windows and I had to reinstall EasyBCD.
I saw on your homepage the new version 2.4 and installed it.
But it doesn't work well. EasyBCD doesn't find my Linux anymore.
The preferences with 'Search and load automaticly' or 'with the correct partion' nothing happens.
So I will switch back to version 2.3 and will wait until all the bugs are gone.
But till now I use GRUB to start my OS
Best
Rallebiker

Sorry, but I try to use EasyBCD 2.4 on Windows 10 1909.720 (the latest version) and it will not work.
When double-clicking on the icon I get a document headed like "BCD error..." and it tells something about a problem to access the BCD registry.

It is maybe connected with a problem I have with System Configuration that seems unable to save the original for later restore...

I read somewhere that version 2.3 seems OK. How can I get it...since 2.4 will not function in my case.
Regards

Kornm,

I, too, have Windows 10 1909.720 and EasyBCD 2.4 does not work. It seems to fire up but leads to a screen which has a red x in upper left corner and then a readout of a BCD. The Event viewer shows an error. I installed EasyBCD 2.3 and it does the same thing. My dual boot system boots up properly, Win 8.1 and Win 10. I have searched the forums and found similar history in others. I also deleted the: C:\windows\users\EasyBCD.exe_StrongName_ge4xjewlvhidmksvx1etlpptdtrgpnqg file as suggested in another message and it did nothing.
I guess I will just not use this once good tool until we get some answers. Let me know if you have success via this forum. Thanks,''
Wells Gate.

Attachments

• EasyBCD Screenshot.pdf
    705.5 KB · Views: 16
I think you must have a UEFI system in which case you'd best read this: EasyBCD and UEFI
& this: Fix UEFI Boot: Fix for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10

I am sorry but I will not easily enter Windows Repair with the risk to F...U. the computer completely.

I think that EasyBCD was supposed to repair the boot definitions (likre additional boot that is long removed...).

EasyBCD 2.4 simply does not work! It could be a matter of security...

RGRDS

Marcel

Kornm,

I, too, have Windows 10 1909.720 and EasyBCD 2.4 does not work. It seems to fire up but leads to a screen which has a red x in upper left corner and then a readout of a BCD. The Event viewer shows an error. I installed EasyBCD 2.3 and it does the same thing. My dual boot system boots up properly, Win 8.1 and Win 10. I have searched the forums and found similar history in others. I also deleted the: C:\windows\users\EasyBCD.exe_StrongName_ge4xjewlvhidmksvx1etlpptdtrgpnqg file as suggested in another message and it did nothing.
I guess I will just not use this once good tool until we get some answers. Let me know if you have success via this forum. Thanks,''
Wells Gate.
Please see my reply to Ex_Brit

I am sorry but I will not easily enter Windows Repair with the risk to F...U. the computer completely.

I think that EasyBCD was supposed to repair the boot definitions (likre additional boot that is long removed...).

EasyBCD 2.4 simply does not work! It could be a matter of security...

RGRDS

Marcel

Then I'm not sure what is wrong I will ask my colleague to offer his input. @Terry60 any ideas?
Mine works fine but then I am using an older computer however I notice you are using an older version of Windows 10 to me so that maybe the culprit.

Capture.JPG

If you can please run bcdedit > Desktop/bcdedit.txt and bcdedit /enum all > Desktop/bcdedit_all.txt from an elevated command prompt and upload the two files you'll find on your desktop here, I can take a look at it.

Hello, try to run bcdedit> Desktop / bcdedit.txti bcdedit / enum all> Desktop / bcdedit_all.txt with a slightly elevated line then it should work, I also had the same problem but I found the answer on another forum and finally managed to do it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back