original problem: windows xp os files from c:/ folder partially deleted. now pc won't boot. tried also booting to windows xp media which did not show the repair option. the partitiion showed but no drive letter. windows essential however says 'no partition found'.
I did the following and now blocked:
1. Downloaded Easy Recovery Essentials
2. Downloaded Easy USB Creator Lite
3. Created Windows XP ISO on USB using Easy USB Creator Lite
4. Booted PC giving ‘no boot sector found’ msg to USB drive
5. Selected Automated Repair from...