EasyBCD and Lick Bootloader

win arno

Good morning.
I'm dual booting Windows7 (main OS) and Xenialpup 7.5 using Lick Bootloader on an old Acer Aspire 3816 laptop. So far it's been running smoothly and safely. Yesterday I installed EasyBCD because my laptop BIOS doesn't support USB-bootable. But the result was beyond my expectation. I can no longer run Xenialpup via the Lick boot option. Finally I tried to reinstall Lick but it didn't work. Which is a question mark whether EasyBCD does not support Lick or vice versa.
Are there any other suggestions.
Thank you

EasyBCD is just a .NET Windows application. It's not a boot manager or loader.
It just helps you manage the BCD store used by MS Windows bootmgr.
Installing it on your system will do absolutely nothing to affect the way the PC boots.
Only running it, and making changes to the BCD will affect subsequent boots.
What exactly did you do with it ?

Good morning.
I'm dual booting Windows7 (main OS) and Xenialpup 7.5 using Lick Bootloader on an old Acer Aspire 3816 laptop. So far it's been running smoothly and safely. Yesterday I installed EasyBCD because my laptop BIOS doesn't support USB-bootable. But the result was beyond my expectation. I can no longer run Xenialpup via the Lick boot option. Finally I tried to reinstall Lick but it didn't work. Which is a question mark whether EasyBCD does not support Lick or vice versa.
Are there any other suggestions.
Thank you

EasyBCD is just a .NET Windows application. It's not a boot manager or loader.
It just helps you manage the BCD store used by MS Windows bootmgr.
Installing it on your system will do absolutely nothing to affect the way the PC boots.
Only running it, and making changes to the BCD will affect subsequent boots.
What exactly did you do with it ?
Thank you for your response. It looks like it's an error in the main OS. And I've reinstalled it. Hope it gives good results. Thank you.

Back