EasyRE shows "Unable to update boot sector"

TimCTH

This is a Win10 Pro system crashing with error 0xC000021a. EasyRE has always worked for me in the past, but not this time. During automated repair it shows a line that says "Unable to update boot sector" as the lines of info scroll down the screen. What can I do now to solve the problem? TIA

A few details that might be helpful:

This is a M.2 WD SSD installed in a Lenovo PC about three months old.

I moved the drive to a different computer and I was able to access the data files.

I ran EasyRE on that other computer--primarily to eliminate the possibility of RAM errors on the Lenovo PC--but I got that same message as automated repair was doing it's work.

IIRC, there were some cases EFI cases that caused EasyRE some consternation during repair that have been resolved in the past few versions. Is this an old version of EasyRE? If you purchased EasyRE within the past six months, you can contact support at easyre@neosmart.net for a free update.

That said, an error updating the bootsector does not usually have any effect on a 0xC000021A error. I would try the System Restore feature of EasyRE instead, and see if that helps instead.

Yes, I just bought this version a few days ago. But if you can point me to documentation about the System Restore feature I'd appreciate it. I did not realize that was an option.

Back