Post postmark

User CP (top left) > Subscribed Threads (left side) > List Subscriptions > Click Notification box(es) (Right side) > Delete Subscriptions (bottom drop-down menu.

But I guess that's what you've done already...?

Yes that is what I did Peter. Nothing's ticked now but I still get spam from a few. (from this thread for example)

If you are Moderating and helping people with specific issues I find it best to subscribe to the threads you are dealing with otherwise one may lose track. Often that New Posts feature fails to find anything or tells me I've seen 'em all already and refuses to cooperate - a wonderful vBulleting feature, so can't always rely on that.

I only usually have around 10 or so emails from those boards waiting each morning, so it's not bad at all.

Yes that is what I did Peter. Nothing's ticked now but I still get spam from a few. (from this thread for example)

If you have presiously subscribed for a thread it will automatically kick back on once a new post is put in. You will have to go into your UserCP and unsubscribe everytime a old post gets dragged up. That should stop it from happening in the future.:smile:

Congrats on the 1k, Terry... can't say enough just how instrumental each and every one of those has been in making this a better place :smile:

Terry, a quick MySQL query shows you subscribed to 331 threads, 45 of which are set to send you email updates.

I've gone ahead and deleted those subscriptions - let me know if you wanted to keep them and I can undo it.

Yeah Sorry on my lack of posts lately. It just seems that every time i check for new posts there is already a good answer there and i dont have a reason to post. It seems that my lack of time allotted for the net has hampered my contribution to NST.

But i am still trying. :grinning:

Thanks CG.
No I don't want them back. Whenever I get one (just after midnight ) it's always something I've already read via "new posts".
As I said, I'd tried to unsub them via the only route I could see, and according to my profile they were unticked, but they kept coming anyway.

Addendum:

and thanks too for the kind words.

Last edited:
would it be possible to open a notifications tab in the bottom of the page like Facebook that just tells you every time you log in Aligator has commented on terry's post 3hours hours ago

Ali,

That is pretty much what the subscription does. It lets you know that there is a reply to a topic that you have posted in. I dont see the reason to have it be at the bottom of the page when all you have to do is click UserCP and it shows up right there.

Cheers,
Mak

Well... 350 posts and then some. It's been great being a part of this wonderful community :smile:

Finally got to be a blue (my favorite color!) wizard B-)

Click on members, then posts (to sort top down) and you'll see the colour sequence.
Welcome to the wonderful world of coloured wizardry Justin.

Back