Need guide for Windows Recovery Essentials

IMperplexed

I got BSOD, used the recovery cd to boot no worries there. But now i gotta figure out how to use WinR.E and at this rate Im gonna be using this for a while. I got an HP Compaq DX2355 with a vista home basic operating system 32bit. For the most part im not computer literate but i can read.

If I could get a basic whats what and what does what I could learn stuff without making so many mistakes.:angry:

Cheers

Im using the midori browser now to access the forums and want to know which apps in WinRE would a DOS/Windows executable file if that is possible.

I figure if I can burn the ISO from the Cdrive(main) to usb I could reboot my windows to safe mode drop a rootkill antivirus in and hopefully be back in business again. I dont have spare dvds an out of cash for the time being

Addendum

Please forgive if, i dont follow the protocols of posting I am new to this and need time to get the gist of things

Addendum

AH yes! automated restore, system restore have done worked for a bit then shut down tried to completely nuke the drives- in deeper !@#$ now. At this point believe a virus is to blame I now have a rootkill anti-virus but now I cant even get to safe mode-me thinks this virus is watching -shhh

Im using the midori browser now to access the forums and want to know which apps in WinRE would (run) a DOS/Windows executable file if that is possible.:??

Last edited:
Yup,definitely looks that way ...........been trying to figure it out for last 3 days. Looks like a lot of the apps have no purpose. Have to say though - Linux systems definitely worth looking at. Peace!!

Back