Windows 7 and Ubuntu 13.04 Conflicts

davedetty

I'm using EasyBCD 2.2 to attempt getting dual boot configured the way I want. I have a Lenovo X120e laptop with Windows 7 64b. I installed Ubuntu 13.04 and after extensive troubleshooting with Grub2 I finally got it to where I could boot into either Linux or Windows. However, in Windows, hibernate mode results in forcing a reboot and loss of Windows state before hibernate. Also, Windows clock keeps resetting to 4 hours fast. Don't know if this is part of the issue or not.

I installed EasyBCD and added an entry for my Linux install. EasyBCD shows 7 entries in the bootloader. Could that be right? I went through the steps on the Neosmart web page for Ubuntu install but booting up persists in using the Grub2 display.

I wouldn't mind starting over by removing Linux and restoring the laptop to start in Windows 7. Can EasyBCD reconfigure the MBR (or whatrever) to restore that capability or do I have to reinstall Windows from scratch?

Thanks for you help.

Dave

Sounds like it's a UEFI machine. Due to restrictions by MS, you can't currently call Linux from the Windows bootloader on an EFI machine.

I have the similar problem. When I choose Ubuntu from the bootloader it says:

Windows failed to start. ...
File: \NST\AutoNeoGrub0.mbr
Info: The selected entry could not be loaded because the application is missing or corrupt.

I tried EasyBCD all the way around writing windows mbr, installing neogrub etc.

What should I do then?

You should boot Windows via Ubuntu Grub.
Windows won't allow the other way under UEFI

Back