Restore HP Pavillion dv7 with unbootable recovery partition

babbelut

Hello all,

I have a HP Pavillion dv7 with a 1TB harddisk with the following partitions: system, os, hp_tools, recovery

system
os (empty now)
recovery
HP_Tools

F11 is not working anymore, but the recovery partition is still there..
So I tried to recovery the base.wim file (can be found on the recovery partition) with imagex.

This is working, windows is starting up but gives the following error:

"c:\system.sav\Util\TDCTWKs\hideCMD.vbs cannot be found"...

Did I forgot to extract other important things from the recovery partition? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Did you read the manual on how to do a factory reset on your machine? Last time I did it on a HP it was simply hit F8 to get the Advanced Boot Menu and then use the Repair my PC option at the top. Sounds like you made this much more complicated than it needed to be.

hello. I have the same problem, but with a laptop hp envy m4. I made a recovery from the recovery partition using install.wim. and now I see a message: can not find script file c: system.sav util TDCTWKs HideCMD.VBS did it solve the problem?

I HOPE YOU CAN HELP

Hello all,

I have a HP Pavillion dv7 with a 1TB harddisk with the following partitions: system, os, hp_tools, recovery

system
os (empty now)
recovery
HP_Tools

F11 is not working anymore, but the recovery partition is still there..
So I tried to recovery the base.wim file (can be found on the recovery partition) with imagex.

This is working, windows is starting up but gives the following error:

"c:\system.sav\Util\TDCTWKs\hideCMD.vbs cannot be found"...

Did I forgot to extract other important things from the recovery partition? Did I do something wrong?

Thanks a lot!

Back