WIN 7 Recovery Image - USB boot error (0xc000000f)

sirald66

HP G72 253NR LAPTOP
HP v165p 16GB USB FLASH DRIVE (NTFS)
WIN 7 HOME PREMIUM SP1 64-bit

ERROR: 0xc000000f "The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible"

I've seen the NeoSmart link https://neosmart.net/wiki/0xc000000f/ but am not sure if/how to apply it to the flash drive.

I made my one-allowed backup of factory preinstalled Recovery files to the USB flash drive. But upon booting directly to the USB flash drive (as set in BIOS), it comes to this error. I don't know if 'installed' Windows is giving this error, or if it is the USB boot loader.

My Windows is not broken; I just want to do a fresh factory reinstall from the hard drive, with the confidence I also have the Recovery backup of the OS and HP utilities. With the USB failure to boot, I'm not sure I can trust that copy even if I can get the boot fixed.

ANDY - Salt Lake, UT US

Hi Andy,

Yes, I too would be overly-wary of relying on a USB that gave you that error. It sounds like something went wrong in the manufacturer's tool during the USB creation procedure.
Instructions on burning our recovery images to a USB can be found at Making an EasyRE Recovery USB

Back