win7 digital signature for this file couldnt be verify

kenji2882

Hi members
I am new here and need some help.
I have been using win7ultimate and recently installed win8pro on same disk but another partition,
Now finally installed win8pro and working fine but after I restarted and went to boot manager I selected win7 to boot in, but I started to get an error of win7 digital signature for this file couldnt be verify.

Please help me how shall I do .

I have checked disk management
100mb was used by system partition
200gb was win7
200gb was win8
Terry bro and friends who have more experiece please guide me.
million thanks

As of now only win8pro is working and all above are under one hard disk only
How should I do so that win8pro boot manager will allow me to load win7 without error of win7 digital signature for this file couldnt be verify.

?????
Win 7 bootmgr sees W8 winload digital sig as invalid, but W8 should have no problems booting anything older than itself.
Which partition is "active" and what is the size of bootmgr it contains ?

?????
Win 7 bootmgr sees W8 winload digital sig as invalid, but W8 should have no problems booting anything older than itself.
Which partition is "active" and what is the size of bootmgr it contains ?
'

I tried active the partition of win7 because I was receiving boot error from win8 bootmgr and was unable to run win7.
after restarted I was not able to get into win8 either after changed win7 to active in win8 disk management.

Now I reinstalled win8pro but I am not getting the bootmgr of win8 anymore .
checked disk manangment under win8 and notice Win7 is primary partition is the active partition and win8 partition as logic drive (boot,page file, crash dump, logical drive), if I right click on win8 partition it does not have active partition to choose anymore.

thanks friend

The 100Mb partition should be active. That's where the boot files for W7 were placed and where W8 should have overwritten them with its own (later) versions. If you set W7 active and reinstalled W8, W8 will have put it's boot files on the W7 partition.
Why have you installed W8 to a logical drive ? That's only necessary if you need >= 5 partitions.
You can't make W8 active. Only primary partitions can be active.
Set folder options like this and look for bootmgr on the primary partitions. (they're super-hidden).
How big are they ?
Is W7 booting now ?

Dear Bro thank you for your reply.
At first win8 was on primary partition but later I tried to make
Win 7 active and to test if can succesfully load up win7 , but it become worse and not even load win8 and
displayed error Message. So I did install win8 on top of win8 , since then I noticed the primary became logical partition
And win7 remain primary active , reseverd partition not active eithe
Do you mean only reserverd system file partition should be active and all others do not need active?
shall I covert win8 to primary partition without active with freewares?
I will need to find bootmgr on both primary partitions?
Normally in which directory and what will I need to do next after found?

Last edited:
It's directly in the root. i.e. C:\bootmgr

Hi
I have found as follow
Win7/windows/boot/pCAT/bootmgr size is 375kb
Win8/windows/boot/pcat/bootmgr size is 389kb

I did win7 bootfix by CD and also make the reserved partition to active.

Now I dont see the win8 color dual boot screen but only black one with selection of OS win7 or win8. If choose 7 still same issue.
and if win8 I can load win8.

---------- Post added at 08:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:19 PM ----------

Hi I just unhided the extension system files
and found root directory of win8 and 7 have 2 files BOOTMGR with 389KB same size.

and also reserved system root have 2 bootmgr 389kb and bootmgr-1 375kb

It's not in the windows folder.
It's in the root and it's hiddenbootmgr.JPG
The copy in the windows folder is not active.
That's just where it comes from when it's installed during setup.
I need to see which version is in the root of C and in the root of the 100Mb partition.

OK just seen your edit to the last post.
Can you post a screenshot of Disk Management from W8 and the EasyBCD "view settings" contents (detailed mode)

Last edited:
Maybe is because due to wrong active partition before and therfore win8 installed the boot files to win7 directory instead of system reserve ?

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

Hi terry

Thanks for your help.
I have solved the problem by replacing winload.exe to win7 windows/system32 and by replacing the original mbr of win7 into root directory delted the one replaced by win8.

Now is working fine both 7 and 8. cheers bro

Back