EASYBCD 2.2 will not start when i click the icon on my desktop

buz

Downloaded EASYBCD 2.2 from your site today. I installed it and it ran twice. Now it will not start/run when I click the icon. I uninstalled it and re-installed it and it still will start. I even ran it as administrator by right clicking on it and that failed too. Rebooted the the PC and that did not fix the issue. Running Windows 8.1 on Dell XPS-8700 booting off a Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250GB drive. I loaded Ubuntu and have since deleted it but I needed to remove the GRUB so it will boot right to Windows and that is why selected your product. Any help on why it ran twice and now it will not?

When you launch EasyBCD and then check task manager, do you see any of bootgrabber.exe or bcdedit.exe listed?

I have the same issue on a new installation of Win 8.1. It used to work nicely for a few hours and then stopped. It works fine on the same PC in Win7.
There is no bootgrabber.exe or bcdedit.exe in the task manager. EasyBCD appears in the task manager for a few seconds, uses some system resources and then dissappears.
I tried reinstalling but it doesn't help.

Eventviewer shows .NET Runtime Error and Application Error.
My Win 8 is not an English version but it says more or less that the process was terminated because an exception occured:

Anwendung: EasyBCD.exe
Frameworkversion: v4.0.30319
Beschreibung: Der Prozess wurde aufgrund einer unbehandelten Ausnahme beendet.
Ausnahmeinformationen: System.Configuration.ConfigurationErrorsException
Stapel:
bei System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSectionRecursive(System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean, System.Object ByRef, System.Object ByRef)
bei System.Configuration.BaseConfigurationRecord.GetSection(System.String)
bei System.Configuration.ConfigurationManager.GetSection(System.String)
bei System.Configuration.ClientSettingsStore.ReadSettings(System.String, Boolean)
bei System.Configuration.LocalFileSettingsProvider.GetPropertyValues(System.Configuration.SettingsContext, System.Configuration.SettingsPropertyCollection)
bei System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertiesFromProvider(System.Configuration.SettingsProvider)
bei System.Configuration.SettingsBase.GetPropertyValueByName(System.String)
bei System.Configuration.SettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
bei System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPropertyValue(System.String)
bei System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_Item(System.String)
bei NeoSmart.EasyBCD.Properties.Settings.()
bei ..(Boolean)
bei ...ctor()
bei ..()

-System
-Provider
[ Name] Application Error

-EventID1000
[ Qualifiers] 0

Level2
Task100
Keywords0x80000000000000
-TimeCreated
[ SystemTime] 2014-04-12T14:04:09.000000000Z

EventRecordID1781
ChannelApplication
Computer01-PC
Security

-EventData
EasyBCD.exe
50618ff8
KERNELBASE.dll
52b3f283
e0434352
0000000000005a88
01cf56581157c61a
C:\Program Files (x86)\TOOLS\EasyBCD\EasyBCD.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\KERNELBASE.dll
51102130-c24b-11e3-be8e-bc5ff43588c0

I am pretty sure that is a different error. You have something off in your EasyBCD settings.

Delete C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\appdata\local\neosmart technologies\ and try running EasyBCD again.

Back