NeoGrub, Windows 8.1, Bitlocker

Tech

I'm using Windows 8.1 and Bitlocker.
Trying to setup EasyBCD but nothing works.
I'm trying to boot a Linux partition (Ubuntu) and other Android 4 (x86 for PC).

DISKPART> list volume

Volume No. Ltr Rótulo Fs Tipo Tamanho Status Information
---------- --- ----------- ----- ---------- ------- --------- --------
Volume 0 I DVD-ROM 0 B None
Volume 1 NTFS Partition 1229 MB Íntegro System Reserved
Volume 2 C NTFS Partition 99 GB Íntegro Iniciatialization (Windows 8.1)
Volume 3 D NTFS Partition 272 GB Íntegro Extended partition
Volume 4 E NTFS Partition 25 GB Íntegro Documents/Data
Volume 5 S Removable 0 B None

Using gparted I know that Linux is the 5 partition (sda5) and Android the 6th (sda6).
I was trying to configure NeoGrub the way bellow. I'm not sure about Android settings, but I've thought Ubuntu would boot ok, and not...
I got ANG errors:

Try (hd 0,0): NTFS5: no ang0
Try (hd 0,1): NTFS5: _

while booting, most probably because I'm not adding the Bitlocker password and C:\ can't be read.
Moving the files ANG and the boot folder to System Reserved partition did not help either (it's not encrypted).
I have GRUB2 installed in the Ubuntu partition (as the one in sda was overwritten by Bitlocker).
I also had an entry in GRUB2 to boot Android.

Can anyone help me? Thanks.

# NeoSmart NeoGrub Bootloader Configuration File
#
# This is the NeoGrub configuration file, and should be located at C:\NST\menu.lst
# Please see the EasyBCD Documentation for information on how to create/modify entries:
# EasyBCD

default 0
timeout 10

title Ubuntu
root (hd0,4)
kernel /boot/vmlinuz-3.13.0-26-generic root=/dev/sdbc
initrd /boot/initrd.img-3.13.0-26-generic

title Android
root (hd0,5)
linux /android-4.4-RC1/kernel quiet root=/dev/ram0 androidboot.hardware=android_x86 video=-16 SRC=/android-4.4-RC1
initrd /android-4.4-RC1/initrd.img

---------- Post added at 04:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:35 AM ----------

Info from gparted.
Hope someone could guide me to setup the NeoGrub settings:

p5VYVa_XHn47SSSxdA_x009Ur7JezF155LvQ5-4gA8Tem8nW0cYFClDxYK4prFG_mtAZ6kNP_sGCKom0xYwNGAe_9__FE7SbBhULsgunMhtZHUdSLHNi5Ubc3FrJirGuOg

Last edited:
So long as your boot files are on a bitlocker partition, EasyBCD's non-Windows features won't work.

Is there any way to install NeoGrub in the system reserved partition (generally hidden)?
I mean, assigning a letter, installing, removing the letter?

Is there a way to install NeoGrub in an USB drive?
Thanks.

Yup, that'll work. EasyBCD will try to install to the boot partition - but only if it has been assigned a letter. You can unassign after.

Back