EasyBCD USB Stick Creation Problems

Aloha,

I am trying to create a bootable USB drive using EasyBCD. I am using a Dell Inspiron laptop running Windows 8.1 to make a bootable USB stick so I can revive a Dell XPS 8300 running Windows 7 Home Premium. The problem I am having is in the BCD Deployment dialog. I've copied the EasyRE iso image to the USB stick and renamed it with no spaces. However, the EasyBCD dialog box never pops up to ask me if I want to load the newly created BCD store into EasyBCD. I've tried this several times and with different USB sticks and still no popup dialog box with the courteous message asking if I want to select Yes to load the external device's bootloader data for editing. Do you have any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong or should try next?

Thank you.

I try to used easybcd because I wanted to boot from USB but it didn´t work and my computer won´t start. I have a Ultrabook Fujitsu Lifebook UH572 (No CD drive) and I deleted the original operating system on the C drive win8.1. Now I´m left with a boot order that includes unbuntu and a windows set-up that have missing files. I burnt ISO that I got from MS Dreamsparks and they work perfectly fine on other PCs at home that don´t make use of easy bcd. I can´t access the external cd drive through the bios.

Back