Weather Discussion

Terry60

Telephone Sanitizer (2nd Class)
Staff member
Snow Guru ?
I thought you were in the "Great Middle East"
I always interpreted that as "Lawrence of Arabia" territory, but do you mean the East of "The great mid-West" ie US ?

Now, you were right: I'm in Jordan (though I was in the midwest before - Chicago to be precise)

It doesn't snow much *usually* in Jordan, just an inch or two a year. But this wave of really bad "winter weather" that's hit Cyprus and China (they're so far apart!) has hit us too; and unlike the inhabitants of Chicago, Jordanians aren't used to the snow and weren't ready for this... so snowed out it is :smile: (missed a flight, too!)

It's not just the Jordanians who are caught out. You should see the chaos here in UK whenever it snows. It's not as rare as for you, but nobody's ever prepared for it !
Coincidentally - we have a severe weather warning here to expect it here tonight .

Well, forewarned is forearmed as they say :wink:

The day the storm began we were told to only expect light snow in the higher areas and less than an inch in accumulation!

Sorry about my absence

As the title says. Sorry i have been absent for a couple of days. We had a major storm here which knocked out power for a few days and took out my net as well. Just say that it was back up but i have to take care of some things so i wont be back till later tonight. >.<

Hey, no need to apologize.

Glad you're OK w/ the bad weather and all... We have snowstorms here as well (like I mentioned elsewhere, I'm snowed out of my house and not able to code) but thankfully I have internet access :smile:

It seems to be a rough winter all around!

We've been having beautifully clear weather for the last couple of days but the sunshine was deceiving. It was hovering around -10°C this morning when I went for my dental checkup.
Tonight and tomorrow it's supposed to snow - again. We are well equipped for it here. It usually has hardly touched the ground and the plows are out already.
It's hard to imagine a hot summer's day here can be +40°C !!

Sucks that you are snowed out Mahmoud. It was mainly wind damage. Winds got up to 68MPH and took out trees and stuff like that. The trees going down took out power lines and the net lines. I am just glad we had power. If not we wouldnt have had heat for the baby and would haev had to abandon ship for a few days.

But yes we are well. Once baby goes to sleep i will be back and get posting. :smile:

Yeah, I know exactly how you mean, Mak!

Chicago and New York are both pretty rare in that respect - the difference in the winter and summer weather temps is unbelievable!!

The snow is getting to CG's brain...LOL. We now have 15 cm and it is still blizzard conditions. 200 flights cancelled at the airport and all schools closed...first time ever I think.

Wow. After our storm here everything is back to normal. All the power is back to all the thousands of homes that lost it and it is back to business as usual. I think my state is the only one prepared for this type of weather all year round. Only cause our reputation provides for it....:lol:

I had sunny and clear weather for about 2 weeks now! :smile:

Just one day there was windy, and yesterday and today was a bit cloudy but mostly sunny! :lol:

Wow. After our storm here everything is back to normal. All the power is back to all the thousands of homes that lost it and it is back to business as usual. I think my state is the only one prepared for this type of weather all year round. Only cause our reputation provides for it....:lol:

idk about that good sir!

Minnesota gets alot of snow, as does wisconsin and michigan and north dakota too

i know in MN we have had snow as early as halloween and as late as easter ^_^

5 months of winter, one for spring, 5 for summer and one for fall thats MN ^_^

TX however, in the southeastern half doesnt get much snow, and so they arnt very prepared for that, now harricanes, they can deal with ^_^

---
I had sunny and clear weather for about 2 weeks now! :smile:

Just one day there was windy, andA yesterday and today was a bit cloudy but mostly sunny! :lol:

sounds like you live in a nice place ^_^ :tongueout:

^ chicago as i understand it is "lake effect" snow, so you are to be given a badge for living there *pins it on* :tongueout:

any snow for MN is from Up north of MN, CANADA SNOW! its evil and cold :tongueout: lol

Back