Installed Ultimate on seperate partition, now hard drive not appearing/os won't boot

WWEFreak666

Hi guys, registered because I'm having a painful problem :x..

I just recently tried to install Vista Ultimate on my pre-installed Vista Home Premium computer. I tried to install it on the separate partition that came with the computer. So it installed correctly, then when it was at the step that says "preparing your desktop...", it restarted and now it simply won't boot from the hard drive. What I noticed was that when I went to bios, I checked the status of the hard drive and it says "Not available" or something similar to that and when I tried to do a system restore, both OS's are not showing up. Without the hard drive working properly, it's impossible to do anything. Is there a way to activate the hard drive again? Perhaps delete the second partition, because I believe it's the thing that is causing the problem.. Anyways, when I restart it says a bunch of text and then it goes to a still screen saying:

Code:
Booting 'Windows Vista'

acpi
Vista Loader 2.1.2

Done!
fallback 1
find --set-root /bootmgr

Error 17: File not found
    Booting 'Windows NT/2000/XP'

fallback 2
find --set-root /ntldr

Error 17: File not found
    Booting 'Enter Command Line'

Boot Failed! Press any key to enter command line.

I've tried using the Windows Recovery Disk, no luck there. Simply because my hard drive does not seem to appear within the BIOS, and when I have to select which O/S I want, it lists none and shows no hard drives, only the disc which is listed as "X" and along with the disc it shows the removable disks such as USB ports, etc. But still no hard drives. I don't have a clue what it did, it seems like Ultimate disabled or overwritten something. Even when I click on the Command Prompt, it does not say "C:/" or "D:/" for one of the hard drives, instead it says "X:/", which one would assume is the disc inserted (Windows Recovery Disk), as stated above. Thus I'm completely lost and have even posted on another forum, but got barely any useful responses.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Back