com.apple.boot.plist not found

golden3159

I installed easybcd beta 2.0. I am running pc_efi 9. The location of my vista is hd 0, partition 2, and OSX is on hd 0, partition 3.

Vista boots fine but whenever I boot OSX I get the message "com.apple.boot.plist" not found. I assume that means it is not finding my mac partition. My bootloader is as follows:

There are a total of 2 entries listed in the bootloader.

Code:
Default: Windows Vista
Timeout: 16 seconds.
EasyBCD Boot Device: C:\

Entry #1
Name: Windows Vista
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #2
Name: NST Mac OS X
BCD ID: {f5300951-0cce-11de-89ad-0015c57dee74}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \NST\NeoGrub.mbr
I think the problem is in the location that it is lookign for my OSX. My menu.lst reads:
# NeoSmart NeoGrub Bootloader Configuration File
#
# This is the NeoGrub configuration file, and should be located at C:\NST\menu.lst
# Please see the EasyBCD Documentation for information on how to create/modify entries:
# EasyBCD Documentation Home - NeoSmart Technologies Wiki

find --set-root --ignore-floppies /NST/nst_mac.efi
kernel /NST/nst_mac.efi
boot

# All your boot are belong to NeoSmart!
Please, I would really appreciate help. I have been googling all over the internet and cant find the solution. I believe I installed properly, I have a primary partition setup properly. There's a trip next week and I really need OSX. Is my OSX install gone for good?

Last edited:
Changes are being made from build to build. Did you add this entry with 2.0, build 59 (latest at this date)? If not, get that and re-add.

golden, you're right - that generally means that OS X could not be found.

Try using the MBR instead of EFI option in EasyBCD. Does that change anything?

Thanks for the help guys but I just reinstalled OSX. This time I paid special attention to all the details and now the bootloader works perfectly! Thanks for the great program.

system config file apple.boot.plist not found

I am seeing similar issue saying that 'com.apple.Boot plist not found. Can you pl refer to give detailed instructions to solve this...
I have SATA HDD , boot132 & retail MAC CD

Thanks

I believe you should be able to recreate it using a text editor like notepad like boot.ini for Windows. I've never messed around with a Mac though so I can't tell you how it should be formatted.

MAC-OSX install in D45SG MOBO

D45SG MOBO
DDR3
RADEON 3450 Video Card
SATA0 connected to new unformatted HDD
SATA1 connected to HDD that had vista-64 OS
Samsung SATA2 DVD-RW
This is way I am trying to install MAC-OSX

Step1 : bootloader132 (darwin): On loading this I see
-------------IsoLinux 3.63---->--------some error that disappears with 1/10 of a sec & com.apple.Boot.plist not found--------->Darwin/x86 boot v5.0.132_dfe_r146_Chameleon_pre (VESA v3.10) boot prompt
On 'enter'-->"Typical boot devices are 80(First HD),81 (Second HD), Enter two-digit hex boot deivce:"
Step2 : Entering MAC-OSX CD on darwin prompt
On entering this I see mac startup screen thats stuck on start
Due to this issue I tweaked my BIOS setting and got it to work till I see the dreaded “Still waiting for root device”

---------------------------------------------------
EHCI Controller unable to take control from BOIS.
AppleUSBEHCI [0x5095800] unable to obtain ownership 0xe00002be.
AppleUSBEHCI [0x5095800] unable to obtain ownership 0xe00002be.
AppleUSBEHCI [0x5095800] UIM Initialize - Error Occurred.
AppleUSBEHCI Unable to Initialize UIM.
Still waiting for root device
---------------------------------------------------
I tried most of the options : boot -v -x || BIOS settings : IDE,AHCI, I even disabled my USB to get it in real trouble as this mobo has just USB devices(resolved by removing CMOS battery, used .BIO recovery CD)
NO LUCK YET, any suggestions in terms of what bootloader ot use, what version of OSX would be awesome
( I have DVD, but not sure whether thats the one needs to be used as on opening it I see "The software on this disc is for use only with Boot Camp on an Intel-based Mac
computer. To learn more about Boot Camp, refer to Mac Help. "

Back