Help with forum post

yawlcome

Help, please

When reading this article "PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING WITH A PROBLEM
"

I GET TO THIS SECTION:

3) If you've tried to make a dual-boot and it's not working.

Let's start by checking that you've got everything in the right place
(this is the EasyBCD Support forum. EasyBCD runs on just about any OS, but it's a tool for manipulating the Vista BCD, so if you don't own a legitimate copy of Vista you're in the wrong place, You can't use EasyBCD)

If you only have a single Hard Disk Drive (HDD) that's obviously where you're booting from, so skip on to the next step. If you have multiple HDDs, don't assume that The disk containing Vista is necessarily where you're booting from. Check in your BIOS the order in which the HDDs are checked at boot time.

Run Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Computer Management \ Disk Management and look at the flags on the HDD which is 1st in your BIOS boot sequence.

THEN -- try to Ctrl-Click on the link "look at the flags" and am presented with this message:

yawlcome, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Is there another level of access I need to be able to see this particular link?

Thanks

m2

Hi yawlcome.
Yes, I've noticed that myself quite a lot around here lately. No doubt Terry will have an answer when he shows up. As he's a relatively new mod, he probably sometimes forgets to make the links he posts accessible by normal users, and instead posts them with his mod priviledges so only him or CG or Mak can access them.

Cheers,

Jake

Thanks for the heads-up M2, I had no idea anyone was having trouble with those links till you said.
Is it just that one or all of the illustrations ?
I uploaded a lot of attachments in one thread and linked to them from others, with absolutely no idea that they might have acquired some kind of privileged status, though now you've pointed it out, it's obvious that I uploaded them into a MOD forum thread which would account for the problem linking them. I'll change that ASAP after I've made my wife her dinner. She's not well at present and my online time is severely restricted.
Thanks again for pointing it out. I wonder how many people have been cursing my name for the last couple of weeks they've been there ?

I've moved the upload thread out of the mod forum to an accessible one.
Can you check whether that fixes the problem and let me know.
If not I'll attach the pics to the sticky directly.

Yeah, I have found several links you posted around here, Terry, that requires mod priviledges to access them. :wink: And in answer to Justin's comment above, that was also when I was logged in that I couldn't access them...

I've moved the upload thread out of the mod forum to an accessible one.
Can you check whether that fixes the problem and let me know.
If not I'll attach the pics to the sticky directly.

Yeah, that worked. I can now access the "look at the flags" link.

attachment.php

Back