Problem Signature 05: unknown
Problem Signature 06: No Root cause
Problem Signature 07: 0
Problem Signature 08: 2
Problem Signature 09: Wrp Repair
Problem Signature 10: 1117
Os Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256..1
Locale ID:1033

Alright, this is basically what it says when I run System repair. It wont start up (or rather vista gets to the point, slowly mind you, where I can type in a password, then it only gives me a cursor after I type it in.) Then windows explorer crashes, and I have to restart.

When I ran Windows memory diagnostics tool on both passes it told me memory was ok.

Some other notes to add, This computer is a year old. 1.86 Ghz processor, 2 Gig RAM, 110 GB HD, window's vista. Toshiba, and I have no idea of the model number.

right now I'm on my parents computer. I need not the laptop to work, but to recover any data I can from it. If anyone can advise me how to do just that, I'll be fine with not having the laptop, as IT was 300$ at walmart, and the data on it is very important to me.

Addendum:

no-one's going to respond?

Last edited:
Hi Sage, welcome to NST,
Download yourself a copy of a live Linux distribution and burn it to a CD.
Boot it on your broken Laptop and choose the "Run without changing system" option
Access the partition(s) on your Vista HDD and copy any personal files to external storage.
When everything is safe, access the restore partition on the laptop (probably with F8 as you boot if this post is accurate) and reset the PC to factory settings.
The Toshiba site should give you instructions tailored to your specific Laptop.

Back