Downloading Windows Vista x64 Recovery Disc

dntrerice

Hi all,
I am on a steep learning curve and am having a problem accessing the above referenced download.
The .iso file is seeding and the eta is infinity.
How do I open or burn this file to a CD?
It took two hours last night to get the 184 MB downloaded. I assume that was because I was using wireless. How can I speed up this process in the future as I have DSL and it has been capable of 85 kB/s using wireless?
I really need this disc as my h/p has crapped out and the vendor supplied recovery manager does not work - just as you have said!!
Thanks
Doug:S

Hi Doug, welcome to NST.
Get yourself a copy of Imgburn (our preferred burner, because it's free and it works). Vista cannot burn an ISO natively. The wiki contains instructions for use, though it's pretty much self-evident when you run it.

Many Thanks

Terry, is that a Spitfire or Hurricane?
Thanks for the reply. The burn software worked once I found the .iso file on my computer. :tongueout:
I used the software and had a slight heart attack when it announced that I was missing E:\sources\install.wim and I might lose my files. :wtf: I bit my tongue and went on. It repaired Vista x64 and I am now using that computer to write this. :brows:
Good thing I am retired. I worked on this for 3 days. Thanks a lot h/p!
I have a new problem. My wireless download speed is sadly reduced with normal file transfers. I changed some settings at Netgear to increase my torrent rate. I am now chasing that down.
Bottom line is that I learned a lot about torrents and I a really like the concept. I must add that one should read the utorrent help file before doing anything. The write is excellent. Well, this engineer should know better. I did not RTMS - Read The Manual Stupid.
Thanks again.
I can now close this thread.
Doug :tongueout:

That's a Spitfire Mk IXc Doug.
Glad you've got the CD burned now. As you discovered the "Install" button is inactive (no install files are included in the ISO), only the "repair your computer" link can be used.
Incidentally, I use OPERA browser whenever I want a torrent file. Its built-in download manager handles torrents automatically, just like any other file.

Hi all,
I am on a steep learning curve and am having a problem accessing the above referenced download.
The .iso file is seeding and the eta is infinity.
How do I open or burn this file to a CD?
It took two hours last night to get the 184 MB downloaded. I assume that was because I was using wireless. How can I speed up this process in the future as I have DSL and it has been capable of 85 kB/s using wireless?
I really need this disc as my h/p has crapped out and the vendor supplied recovery manager does not work - just as you have said!!
Thanks
Doug:S

if the file hangs for many users at a particular percentage such as this:

Windows Vista Home Premium SP1 OEM (download torrent) - TPB

see the comments before downloading. As u can see, it's corrupt upload.. I got stuck at 73.5% myself.. It's better to get a real life material recovery.. You make Billy Gates richer but you dont risk malware/spyware/mischief-ware :wink:

This is not a pirate copy of Vista, with all the embedded malware with which such an illegal download might be infected. It's the original MS repair disk (no installation media).
We continued to host it when they stopped, as a service to OEM users without portable boot-repair facilities.

Back