hp pavilion dv9000 notebook can not boot

machaon

Hello everyone!!

My first thread at this forum so just wanted to thank ,in advance, anyone who might be able to help me with this issue.
I believe my computer was in the middle of an update when the power to it got interrupted. After this incident I was unable to boot my vista home premium back into action. The furthest it gets is ""Configuring Updates Stage 3 of 3 0% complete" after which it restarts it self and then does the same thing over and over again.
I red a few posts on this forum and not having the original recovery cd, I found the Vista Recovery Disc x84 ISO file ( I have a 32 bit ) which I burned and after changing the boot order on my vista computer and requesting it to boot from the cd I received "CDBOOT: couldn't find bootmgr file".
I assume I will need to do something more drastic however not quite sure how to proceed. Thank you once again

In addition to changing the boot sequence you need to press a key to continue booting from the recovery disc because otherwise it'll try to boot your existing copy of Windows on the hard drive. Startup repair is not going to help you as your copy of Windows is booting. Your last hope is system restore from the recovery options menu (WU should have created a restore point automatically before attempting to install any updates).

Back