Can't restore factory settings vista!

tombizuk

I have a Compaq SR5027, 32bit home premium desktop been having a lot of problems recently so want to dump it, i have done this twice before with no problems as such. I didnt get any cds with my pc it has a recovery partion, when i've reverted to factory settings before i just hit F11 on boot up to go into system restore and then go from there, now when i do that it says loading files then after it does that i just get a black screen, sometimes i get a blue one with a curser but nothing else! So if any one can help as i dont no any other way to restore factory settings!

Update: Just tryed the vista recovery disc u can get off the internet the iso file burned to cd using poweriso so that was correct and when i boot from disc aftert changing in bios i can hear the cd loading up then all of a sudden a repeated beeping sound comes form my tower so i turn off and still havent resloved anything, itryed several times using several discs all correctly burnt onto disc using the iso burn feature in poweriso!

Last edited:
Hi Tombiz.
Count the beeps you hear at POST.
Then search the net for the information on the codes for your mobo Chipset. The number of beeps will indicate a particular piece of malfunctioning hardware.

(you can't use our recovery ISO for an install, just to repair a broken boot. It contains no installation files)

I have the same problem. I tried to restore my computer to factory condition with a recovery ISO from hp that came with my computer. This ISO has the recovery manager on it that has the system restore on it.

ISOfound.jpg

ISOfound.jpg

So on start up installation I get an error that says," System registry contains invalid file paths. Installation cannot proceed. This system image was applied without guaranteeing that drive-letter assignments would match across computers."

With that being said I think the problem is that my drive letters aren't matching up. Like for example, my C is D and my D is C .

What should I do to fix this?

Back