Double Entry For Default

b.c.

Hello - I am trying to get rid of an extra entry I receive at boot up. Currently at boot up I receive the following options:

BC
BC
BCm

How do I remove the 1st BC, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this. Here is what my current boot record looks like. Thanks in advance for any help!
--

There are a total of 2 entries listed in the bootloader.

Default: BC
Timeout: 5 seconds
EasyBCD Boot Device: F:\

Entry #1
Name: BC
BCD ID: {current}
Drive: C:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Entry #2
Name: BCm
BCD ID: {f5334450-ad78-11df-8ab5-485b397bb3e0}
Drive: F:\
Bootloader Path: \Windows\system32\winload.exe

Double entry

I had the same problem. I see 3 lines on windows startup, but only two lines are listed when I run easybcd and edit the boot menu. If I run bcdedit, I see an extra line under the "display order". This is what I see:

display order {current}
{current}
{46b55e97-6268-11df-8164-e1516d3b7af3}

If I use the debug mode in easybcd, I see the {46b55....f3} string listed 3 times instead of 2.

This is not a serious bug, just an annoyance. But it wold be nice to be able to fix it.

{current} should only be listed once in your displayorder. Go into EasyBCD and change the order of the entries, than put it back the way you want it.

Interesting - didn't know that was possible and it definitely explains a couple of issues I've seen before!

Next EasyBCD will fix it, but you need to do BCD Backup/Repair -> Reset BCD for now.

Double entry

I tried this. I ran the backup/repair and cleared all entries. Then I re-entered each entry. But the default entry appears twice as before even though I entered it only once. I have a C: and D: partition (both primary) and have a copy of Windows 7 on each. There does not seem to be any way to delete the second instance of the default entry. Since the identifiers on all 3 entries are the same, I have no way of differentiating between them.

Addendum:

I don't know if this helps or not, but I simply deleted the extra entry with easybcd. However, the machine became un-bootable at that point. So I had to run a repair. Then I went back into easybcd and simply renamed and re-ordered the entries, and all was well.....no repeated default entries. I have no idea, why after the repair, I was able to repeat what I had done earlier, but with the desired result.

Last edited:
Back