[EBCD-418] EasyBCD cannot remove duplicate menu entries

robvr

Problem with bootmenu entries.
After installing a third instance of windows I changed in easybcd the default text "Windows 7" in "Windows 7 GAMES." After rebooting I noticed that I had 2 times the entry Windows 7 GAMES in the menu at boottime (instead of WORK, MAINTENANCE, GAMES it showed GAMES, MAINTENANCE, GAMES). I choose the default selected entry that correctly booted the WORK instance)
After booting, only 1 GAMES entry remained in EasyBCD, so I added the (currently booted) entry "Windows 7 WORK" again and set it to default. See screenprints.
Now it shows the settings (With a error in line 3, that shows GAMES but should show WORK)
Hardware: Adaptec 5805z RAID 5, with 4 WDC Black Caviar 1TB disks
1 disk attached to system SATA
image002.jpg

image004.jpg

Now I will reboot and look what EasyBCD will show. (Be right back :smile: ).
The bootmenu now showed 4 entries with the WORK entry 2 times
Below the EasyBCD screenprints that only show 3 entries
image006.jpg

image008.jpg

I will reboot again and look what the text bootmenu looks like.
It still shows 4 entries, 2 times WORK.
What is wrong here?
Sincerely
Rob

Last edited:
Problem with bootmenu entries.
After installing a third instance of windows I changed in easybcd the default text "Windows 7" in "Windows 7 GAMES." After rebooting I noticed that I had 2 times the entry Windows 7 GAMES in the menu at boottime (instead of WORK, MAINTENANCE, GAMES it showed GAMES, MAINTENANCE, GAMES). I choose the default selected entry that correctly booted the WORK instance)
After booting, only 1 GAMES entry remained in EasyBCD, so I added the (currently booted) entry "Windows 7 WORK" again and set it to default. See screenprints.
Now it shows the settings (With a error in line 3, that shows GAMES but should show WORK)
Hardware: Adaptec 5805z RAID 5, with 4 WDC Black Caviar 1TB disks
1 disk attached to system SATA
image002.jpg

image004.jpg

Now I will reboot and look what EasyBCD will show. (Be right back :smile: ).
The bootmenu now showed 4 entries with the WORK entry 2 times
Below the EasyBCD screenprints that only show 3 entries
image006.jpg

image008.jpg

I will reboot again and look what the text bootmenu looks like.
It still shows 4 entries, 2 times WORK.
What is wrong here?
Sincerely
Rob
Here are the images.
It looks that the problems are related by the sequence the menu is ordered in.
If I leave the menuitems ordered in the way they exist on disk (MAINTENANCE, WORK, GAMES) the menu stays fine. When I had problems I had moved WORK to the top off the menu. I use 2.0.2.117 (I just finished a complete reinstall after a crashed RAID 0, and am a bit hesistant to experiment with easybcd after a 4 days restore action)

Attachments

• image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 6
  • image004.jpg
    image004.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 4
  • image006.jpg
    image006.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 4
  • image008.jpg
    image008.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Please try "BCD Backup/Repair" -> "Reset BCD"

Note that this will delete all entries, you'll have to re-create them from within EasyBCD before rebooting.

Please try "BCD Backup/Repair" -> "Reset BCD"

Note that this will delete all entries, you'll have to re-create them from within EasyBCD before rebooting.

Thnx for your response. but I already had it fixed.
I mentioned this problem to point out a possible minor bug in EasyBCD.:nerd:

Back