Terry - I Just Got Back From the U.K.

Ex_Brit

Staff member
Hey Terry,

I was (almost) in your neck of the woods for 2 weeks. I had the onerous task of scattering a friend's ashes in Lyme Regis bay which I dutifully did on a rather chilly but sunny afternoon last week. The wind was blowing so gustily that I ended up wearing some of it, no matter.

Nice spot I must say. I'm very familiar with most places in the British Isles but had hitherto not been to the Fossil Coast. Also got to see that rather eerie new and quite large community of HRH Prince Charles's - Poundbury. Not bad but I call it eerie as I saw nary a soul in the entire place, not even a vehicle. It was like the set from some horror movie.

I stayed at a rather interesting upscale B & B in Dorchester, where I have friends, called the Casterbridge (it's Thomas Hardy country) and we drove to the coast from there.

Lovely spot.

Last edited:
No, from London. He died in late June and my friends over there who are dotted all over the landscape from London to Frome, were all waiting my presence to "do the deed" and we picked that time as ideal because the area would be practically deserted, which it was.
I couldn't make it over for the funeral in June as all the flights were full. As it turned out I'm glad I waited.

Thanks. This was a 72 year-old that refused to see a a doctor, until it was too late to save him. Such a waste.

Back